Adjustable panhard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
In my quest to track down my death wobble (new rods and TRE's helped a lot but didn't cure it) i'm moving on to my panhard. I have the DIY one from Slee that the PO put on. I've ordered new bushings from slee that should be here tomorrow. My question is, is how do you tell if the panhard is adjusted right? I didn't put it on originally so for all I know it could be on there wrong an I need to adjust them both.

My way is probably not the best way, but i measure the distance from the chasis inside the wheel well to the inside edge of the tire on both sides and adjust accordingly.

Dont forget to push the car down after each adjustment to make sure the suspension returns to its normal height to get a more accurate measurement.

how can you tell if your bar is oem or aftermarket?, i have a lift on my truck and need a new bar as the one i have is stripped. i hope you found your naswer lt1 fire.

Good advice, if you measure as stated above you will be good. This just doesn't adjust toe on your front, so getting it set from an alignment shop is the best. I am a tech at a local Honda dealership and I did this after lifting mine 6" ,then I put it on my alignment rack at work and dialed it in. Very close just by measuring!! A good aligment shop in your area will have no problem adjusting panhard bars to dial in caster, just ask them about it and if they don't sound confident, go to another shop. Good luck! BTW, I am thinking of going 8" lift and 38's, what do you think? 6" lift rocks, but I want more flex and I hate when a lifted jeep with a cute chick pulls up next to you at a light and she is looking down at you!

I'm trying to figure out what the panhard bar would have to do with caster, but I'm having a difficult time seeing it. Can anyone help explain this?

-Spike

I'm trying to figure out what the panhard bar would have to do with caster, but I'm having a difficult time seeing it. Can anyone help explain this?

-Spike

Nothing,

It's purely lateral location of the axle in relation to the body. Doesn't change casters or total toe, but it will put your steering wheel and box off center which will need a quick alignment or a couple turns on your drag-link.

At 3" lift, My axles are slightly off center with standard panhards, but you have to look closely

I have had the death wobble. Turned out the contriol arms were not torqued to spec. Re torqued fronts and the problem was solved.

how can you tell if your bar is oem or aftermarket?, i have a lift on my truck and need a new bar as the one i have is stripped. i hope you found your naswer lt1 fire.
well the one that you will need will be adjustable. The OEM one isn't so it if it doesn't have threads you will need a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom