Adjustable LED headlight bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5FBC4B8D-855C-41B2-A50B-E88F96A345C0.jpeg
I think both housings need adjustment.
Sort of looks like my light bar which is definitely a blinder for oncoming traffic.

The LC does not have a projector so you might get better results in a reflector like the LC then the LX projector. There are adjustable LED's that allow you the clock the rotation for improved output. I've seen some great output shots from the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 in a reflector not a projector.
The Morimoto 2 strokes are what I tried installing in my LC and they didn’t work with my housings at all. They aren’t adjustable. Work great in my WRX though.

The Morimoto 2 strokes are what I tried installing in my LC and they didn’t work with my housings at all. They aren’t adjustable. Work great in my WRX though.

I should have been clear...I was not implying the 2Strokes were adjustable .....just making a statement regarding the light output. In my quest to find a LED for the High Beam location that also dims as a DRL I installed the XenonDepot LED which is adjustable and just installed the 2Stroke. We have been unsuccessful in the DRL option but as a high beam the 2Stroke is really bright but I did remove the small bulb cover inside the reflector.... not sure if that make a difference at all. You said they didn’t fit your housing? You couldn’t install them? I’m not familiar with the LC Low Beam but they locked right into the LX high beam 9005 and complement and trigger the High beam of the Morimoto 5.0 HID I’m running in the low beam location

http://artoflightindustries.com/xd/images/design/slides/xd-slide-xtremeled-pro.jpg

I should have been clear...I was not implying the 2Strokes were adjustable .....just making a statement regarding the light output. In my quest to find a LED for the High Beam location that also dims as a DRL I installed the XenonDepot LED which is adjustable and just installed the 2Stroke. We have been unsuccessful in the DRL option but as a high beam the 2Stroke is really bright but I did remove the small bulb cover inside the reflector.... not sure if that make a difference at all. You said they didn’t fit your housing? You couldn’t install them? I’m not familiar with the LC Low Beam but they locked right into the LX high beam 9005 and complement and trigger the High beam of the Morimoto 5.0 HID I’m running in the low beam location

http://artoflightindustries.com/xd/images/design/slides/xd-slide-xtremeled-pro.jpg
The bulb fits in the housing of either the high or low beam of a LC. I just meant the light output doesn’t work. The 2 stroke was able to operate as a DRL (in the LC) but it barely dims at all. The actual housing in the LC positions the bulb so it is not able to be straight up and down, the way the 2 stroke is intended to spread the lights on level on each side. The housing makes the bulbs only twist in to about 30-45 angle and isn’t able to be adjusted to make them level out.
Man I really tried to make it work because they were a lot of money and they do put off a bunch of light. The light pattern was just terrible, and I wasn’t going to be that guy blinding everyone driving around at night.
Not sure how well it works in the LX but it wasn’t a good option at all for my LC.

The bulb fits in the housing of either the high or low beam of a LC. I just meant the light output doesn’t work. The 2 stroke was able to operate as a DRL (in the LC) but it barely dims at all. The actual housing in the LC positions the bulb so it is not able to be straight up and down, the way the 2 stroke is intended to spread the lights on level on each side. The housing makes the bulbs only twist in to about 30-45 angle and isn’t able to be adjusted to make them level out.
Man I really tried to make it work because they were a lot of money and they do put off a bunch of light. The light pattern was just terrible, and I wasn’t going to be that guy blinding everyone driving around at night.
Not sure how well it works in the LX but it wasn’t a good option at all for my LC.

Understand you don’t want to be that guy...
TRS just tested the DRL function and it worked perfectly with one bulb connected so I ordered them to test. Connecting both bulbs with and without the anti flicker drivers and they don’t work. This will happen it’s just a matter of time.
As far as the fit... with the narrow tab inserted in the upper left and a slight twist they are perfectly straight. I struggled at first until inserting the narrow tab in the top left slot. As you can see they are straight... and I’m ok without DRL’s because the high beam output is sick. Working with TRS to get the DRL right and another company that indicated they’ll have a DRL/ High Beam LED ready April/May.

214EF223-34C4-4EB4-B7E9-CA5B7FBB573C.jpeg

8129F0CC-D69C-4865-93FA-502335977A57.jpeg

673D80D4-75A2-4680-A67F-DD37EA611A34.jpeg

That actually looks pretty straight. I tried every which way to do it but they are also ass heavy so putting them in and not locking them into place I felt they would just shake loose.
How is the light pattern on a wall?
Hopefully it doesn’t look like Colorado Kids light spray

View attachment 1891846
Oooooweeee.... 25$... I can see better; I think

You're going to have a LOT of oncoming traffic flashing their lights at you. No cutoff means you're "dazzling" oncoming traffic with scattered light and limiting the effectiveness of your own forward visibility. Definitely need to "tame" that light scatter.

That actually looks pretty straight. I tried every which way to do it but they are also ass heavy so putting them in and not locking them into place I felt they would just shake loose.
How is the light pattern on a wall?
Hopefully it doesn’t look like Colorado Kids light spray

They are dead straight... and they are only used to complement my HID’s which don't need much help

1201038B-03AC-4779-A8C6-E0DD9812E8C2.jpeg

041A12A8-E14A-4A54-A65F-FC77EB58CDEE.jpeg

You're going to have a LOT of oncoming traffic flashing their lights at you. No cutoff means you're "dazzling" oncoming traffic with scattered light and limiting the effectiveness of your own forward visibility. Definitely need to "tame" that light scatter.
Well you can only do what you can do with these there is no adjusting . I have received NO flashes and checked it out by having my wife dive towards me in our neighborhood when I first installed them. Thanks for the info though. Again 25$.

IMO I think the biggest nuisance of the LED’s in my LC low beams was the total lack of any perephial light. So coming up around a curve or a turn I had to wait for my lights to somewhat catch up with the direction I was going in. Very shadowy on the sides. Anyone else have that issue in a low beam application?
For high beams I guess it doesn’t really matter where the light goes because you only use them periodically when no other vehicles are around. Luke obviously made them work well but maybe the LX has a more LED friendly housing, whereas the LC does not.

I have the same bulbs as Colorado kid in my stock LC housing currently. I have depos I’m going to install but I’ll go check the scatter tomorrow night before I switch them.

What is your opinion of the 2stroke LED lights vs the HIR upgrade for the 9005 high beam?

I've never tried HIR but my goal is to have DRL's/high beams that match the color of my HID's. The Morimoto's 5.0 as you can see above really doesn't need much help.

IMO I think the biggest nuisance of the LED’s in my LC low beams was the total lack of any perephial light. So coming up around a curve or a turn I had to wait for my lights to somewhat catch up with the direction I was going in. Very shadowy on the sides. Anyone else have that issue in a low beam application?
For high beams I guess it doesn’t really matter where the light goes because you only use them periodically when no other vehicles are around. Luke obviously made them work well but maybe the LX has a more LED friendly housing, whereas the LC does not.

Yes but I'm only running these as High Beams... the shots above are low and high beam output shots of just the Morimoto 5.0 Hid's

HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H1, 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKRTTV5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TDVtCbSD4RCFG

So I have the brackets for the Morimoto mini hid retrofit install but thought I’d give these “adjustable” leds a try before I went and opened up the headlights. Installation was easy, I just need to buy dust covers to seal up the opening. As far as adjustable, you really can’t rotate them much to adjust the beam so I don’t understand what they mean by adjustable. The h1 clips right into the housing and they say face the wires down so you can’t really rotate it once it’s clipped in. I drove around with a regular halogen on the right side and the led on the left side. IMHO, I really think the only difference I noticed was the color. Up close on objects, the led’s are very bright and have a nice color to it but on the road, the reach of the light is almost the same as the halogens. I really couldn’t tell a difference. I’ve added some pictures I took at night with my iPhone 8, unaltered. The top is led/halogen and the bottom pic is with all leds in.

View attachment 1890938

View attachment 1890939

View attachment 1890940

View attachment 1890941

View attachment 1890942

I have an electric motorcycle and would like to run my low beam led headlight bulb on a separate battery! The battery pack that I have is 2 amp discharge rate! Will the bulb still work off that battery pack or will the battery pack overheat? Thank you!

I tried to put a link up but get a 404 on trs. I don't know if they quit selling them or what.
They are the best option for high beam 9005 on all 100s as far as ease of install. They still have them on amazon and they are worth the money. They are drop in installs on LX, for LC you really have to take out the headlight to get them very close to straight up and down. With minor filing on the end cap of the reflector you can get them perfect. (like the hir bulb work)

here;s the 9005 on amazon, sold by morimoto. worth it, especially if you don't want to take your headlight apart.

Amazon product ASIN B07N9661Y3
it's so irritating that media links are auto added, so your add blocker does it's job and you see a blank space.
morimoto on amazon 9005 two stroke LEDs

What light bulbs or HID you guys recommend for non projector guys?

I tried to put a link up but get a 404 on trs. I don't know if they quit selling them or what.
They are the best option for high beam 9005 on all 100s as far as ease of install. They still have them on amazon and they are worth the money. They are drop in installs on LX, for LC you really have to take out the headlight to get them very close to straight up and down. With minor filing on the end cap of the reflector you can get them perfect. (like the hir bulb work)

here;s the 9005 on amazon, sold by morimoto. worth it, especially if you don't want to take your headlight apart.

Amazon product ASIN B07N9661Y3
it's so irritating that media links are auto added, so your add blocker does it's job and you see a blank space.
morimoto on amazon 9005 two stroke LEDs
Now I know why a link didn't pop up for a guy. Maybe they can take away the Amazon auto picture and just make it text links. But I bet it's a major flaw with the forum software and they know about it. Ad blocker deleting normal text links sucks ....

What light bulbs or HID you guys recommend for non projector guys?

LED:
Way easier than HID but not as bright but really good though and closer to 35w HID = H11 Morimoto 2strokes or eye of Megatron bulbs in the low beams. See my new thread where we are trying to narrow down good LEDs that will easily fit in the Low beams, or need mods and how they did the mod, plus their before and after pics.

HID:
Don't run low beams with HID bulbs. If you want full time HIDs go to YouTube and put in morimoto mini projector mod or morimoto D2S projector mod/ install The retrofit source has been my go to for videos. On ATVs that we drive on roads in our small town up at the property or golf carts I have used the china version of that projector on Amazon for $25 I couldn't tell the difference if you want to save a lot of money. Since our highs and lows are separate bulbs just don't hook up the high beam actuator on the projector (tiny red and black wires). See vid below. You have to have a projector - oem or a mod to get a beam cut off.
* Put HIDs in fogs or even in the high beams if you don't want DRL that the high beams do during the day. You will need a good waterproof HID harness, then a bulb and ballast kit. I have had innovited kits from Amazon last year's with the morimoto harness. Never had one die actually. 35watts is a little better like LED, 55 watt ballasts are way better. The bulbs will work in either 35w or 55w as the bulbs are not wattage specific.

Amazon Nilight projector link:
Amazon product ASIN B00B21R0TA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom