Adjustable Cam Gear..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fjfodee

At a Medium Pace
SILVER Star
Threads
Been thinking about getting an adjustable cam gear for the 22. I'm not really trying to gain any H.P, and I've read that the gear will not actually do that. I'm more interested in moving the power band down in the RPM range. I do have a LCE camshaft, and the head is a reman (i'm sure it's been shaved, but don't know how much).

Anybody have any real world experience with these?
Are they worth it?

*Subscribed*

*Subscribed*

If you've never heard of anyone running one, then I doubt anyone else has. My .02 is that it is a waste of money, unless you want the novelty of an adjustable cam gear. Enjoy the 22R-E series for the small, low horsepower bombproof motor it is.

I can see how it could be useful to correct the cam timing once the head has been shaved.

I can see how it could be useful to correct the cam timing once the head has been shaved.

That's kinda where I'm at.

It would be nice to free up some lost power, or at least move it down to about 2500 rpm instead of 3500 rpm.

Be the guinea pig.

:)

They're 90.00 from LCE. I know I've spent alot more than that on worthless junk in the past. Might as well before the dollar becomes totally worthless.

There is a thread in the FAQ by Ted @ engnbldr. He says that this is one of two ways to correct the cam timing due to decking/resurfacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom