Adios Amigos!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 43 years of Land Cruisers in our family, the last one is heading down the road without us tomorrow... I can remember being a kid, 4 or 5 years old and going for a test drive in a FJ 40, that interior smell still fresh in my memory. I have been fortunate to have four wheeled them on 5 continents, and feel a passion for them that speaks of family, friends, places traveled and places yet to explore.

I chose to post this in the 200 section because the last several years I have spent most of my forum time here. Outside of my time in the Marine Corps, this is really the only group I have been a part of. I have enjoyed the civility of this group and have met a handful of you along the way.

Christo & the Slee crew, Kurt, Cody, Cole, Mark, Romer, and many others.

Never gave names to my vehicles, just The Cruiser, or the 80, the 40, 200. I fondly miss them all.

1976 FJ55
1979 FJ40
1986 FJ 60
1997 FZJ 80
1997 FZJ 80 40th
1997 FZJ 80 CE
2013 URJ 200

Take it easy!!!

Darryl

Last edited:
After 43 years of Land Cruisers in our family, the last one is heading down the road without us tomorrow... I can remember being a kid, 4 or 5 years old and going for a test drive in a FJ 40, that interior smell still fresh in my memory. I have been fortunate to have four wheeled them on 5 continents, and feel a passion for them that speaks of family, friends, places traveled and places yet to explore.

I chose to post this in the 200 section because the last several years I have spent most of my forum time here. Outside of my time in the Marine Corps, this is really the only group I have been a part of. I have enjoyed the civility of this group and have met a handful of you along the way.

Christo & the Slee crew, Kurt, Cody, Cole, Mark, Romer, and many others.

Never gave names to my vehicles, just The Cruiser, or the 80, the 40, 200. I fondly miss them all.

1976 FJ55
1979 FJ40
1986 FJ 60
!997 FZJ 80
1997 FZJ 80 40th
1997 FZJ 80 CE
2013 URJ 200

Take it easy!!!

Darryl

Wow. Sorry to hear you are out, but also glad to know.
People often just disappear.
That is a great list of legendary vehicles there.

You don’t mention why...so I hope all is well.

I agree about the civility of this forum and am grateful for it. I was a 100% lone-wheeler for many years...and it was literally this forum & LCDC that got me into a group of ANY kind—either on-line or on-trail.

Take care and thanks for posting up.

Mark

Last edited:
Certainly sad to hear the news the other day but sure glad you only live a few blocks away! We’ll be having beers and talking shop often! Haha

Your name is familiar from my 60 days.
Damn I miss that cruiser.

You are correct, Mud is welcoming.

If not personal business, why no more Land Cruisers?

RR's are pretty. I never drove one but they have an allure to them. I treat my LC like a truck not like a princess. They look too prissy to manhandle. I would have thought that Tata would have ruined their edge.

Hey Marine, hope to see back here again.
Louis
MSgt, USMC Ret

Nope, no Rover... Although I had a LR 4 a few years back and really liked it!

No time table on if I show up again or not...

$100 you are back here in about 2-3 years :)

Hey... Christo didn’t mention you had to be back WITH A CRUISER... So...just post up here some time and Christo owes u a Benjamin...
:hillbilly: -<Woo!

$100 you are back here in about 2-3 years :)

Gotta agree - took me a few more years to get back into a Cruiser, but was back in a serious 4x4 (Raptor) and then another 4Runner within that time frame. Then I kept looking at Cruisers thinking, "I really miss my 40 and 80..." Another few years and 4Runner gone, 200 and 40 back in my garage. Once these darn trucks get in your blood...your hooked for life. Don't fight it - resistance is futile :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom