adhesive for Land Cruiser Logo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to put my new Land Cruiser Logo on the rear hatch. I cannot find any thread on what to use? Silicon adhesive? 3M body double sided tape? It would be hard to clamp but at leat I can leave it up and horizontal.

Doesn't the new part have an adhesive on it from Toyota?

Cool. I will check out the tape.

And ToothDr, I mis-spoke. Not new. Came off an old Cruiser.

Thanks guys.

I think it's 3M VHB 4991 tape. I just got a stack of 1"x5" strips of it off Amazon for general use.

Last edited:
Yeah. Basically that is what I got in 2" strips by 5 feet. I am going to back the logo and trim it before applying it to the truck.

If you could take some photos and post the process that would be great. I need to do this and need some inspiration :hillbilly:

Sure thing. I am a little nervous. You only get one chance. I could see half of it covering my license plate by the time I am done.

Yeah, that is why I haven't tackled it either. Mine is still attached but loose so I am afraid it will just fall off going down the freeway if I don't re-do it soon.

I guess you could try squirting some silicon adhesive in there. I even thought of using construction adhesive like Quad. It is weather and UV proof and bonds to everything. It might be good in my case too since I could probably move it around a little if needed. It would be a pain to clean up though. I ordered the 3M tape so I am going to try it. I will keep posting the progress.

I used contact cement.....worked great.

I thought about that. I am surprised it worked. It does not seem like it would be strong enough.

Thread revival.... Can one use the 3M Super Strength Molding Tape instead of the 3M VHB?

Amazon product ASIN B0026HOTZ2
81PGnzRAwQL._SL1500_.jpg

I just stuck my stock logo that had broken pins on with clear Gorilla two sided tape.
Let's hope it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom