1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional Lighting

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by PMAZ7, Aug 18, 2006.

1. PMAZ7

PMAZ7

Do you guys have a preference on aux. lighting? Any pros - cons or such? I'm thinking about the LightForce XGT. Anyone have any experience? They seem like they are super lightweight, but are they durable? Thanks.

2. Biff

Biff

Check out the FAQ there is a whole section on that subject. Also you might want to use

[​IMG]

3. SOCALFJ

SOCALFJ

lol

can you change the colors so it looks like the mud board?

4. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I'd recomend the lightforce--I have two sets of the 240's. I used to run 170's. In the past I had the Hella 3000 and liked those but the lightforce have the colored lens and you can adjust them like a maglite. I also had two 240's break from impact (tree) and they guranteed them:D Whats not like about them!

5. wussyPup

wussyPup just another ex-VI Cruiser

When evaluating aux lights, also consider:
    - bulb lifetime
    - replacement bulb cost
    - replacemet bulb availability

I luv my IPF 930 Super Rallys but the "170 Watt High Beam / 100 Watt Low Beam" bulbs don't last long (50 hours), are expensive, and aren't available locally.

6. mot

mot

I've had a chance to install/use a pair of Hella Rally 4000 HID's when I went to Moab recently.

My friend whom I went down with usually does not swear, but when I turned them on while driving on a backroad he screamed "HOLY s***!!!":D

Now I don't have any experience with Hella's halogen 4000's, nor with the Lightforce 240's so I can't comment on their performance, but I've heard nothing but good things about both of them. If I were to purchase halogen aux. lights I would select one of them w/o reservation for sure.

I think with anything else in life you would do well to stay with reputable products from reputable companies.

BTW, you ought to check out this comparison test by Australian 4WD Monthly magazine:

http://www.vandre.nl/_private/COMPAROWEBVERSION1.pdf

Good luck!

Mot

7. cptmud

cptmud

lightforce all the way, have t-boned a car and not damaged them , tought as nails and good light :)

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">