Additional Lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check out the FAQ there is a whole section on that subject. Also you might want to use

24xngcy.gif

I'd recomend the lightforce--I have two sets of the 240's. I used to run 170's. In the past I had the Hella 3000 and liked those but the lightforce have the colored lens and you can adjust them like a maglite. I also had two 240's break from impact (tree) and they guranteed them:D Whats not like about them!

When evaluating aux lights, also consider:
- bulb lifetime
- replacement bulb cost
- replacemet bulb availability

I luv my IPF 930 Super Rallys but the "170 Watt High Beam / 100 Watt Low Beam" bulbs don't last long (50 hours), are expensive, and aren't available locally.

I've had a chance to install/use a pair of Hella Rally 4000 HID's when I went to Moab recently.

My friend whom I went down with usually does not swear, but when I turned them on while driving on a backroad he screamed "HOLY s***!!!":D

Now I don't have any experience with Hella's halogen 4000's, nor with the Lightforce 240's so I can't comment on their performance, but I've heard nothing but good things about both of them. If I were to purchase halogen aux. lights I would select one of them w/o reservation for sure.

I think with anything else in life you would do well to stay with reputable products from reputable companies.

BTW, you ought to check out this comparison test by Australian 4WD Monthly magazine:

http://www.vandre.nl/_private/COMPAROWEBVERSION1.pdf

Good luck!

Mot

lightforce all the way, have t-boned a car and not damaged them , tought as nails and good light :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom