Additional input front lunchbox locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it's fine if you have locking hubs and part-time T-case and don't mind tough steering in 4wd. Recommend birfield upgrade

I think there’s just better options than the one you’re presenting. It’s not inherently bad, just bad compared to the competition. I definitely wouldn’t worry about breaking an arb either.

I have a part time kit and don’t really recommend it to people. It’s annoying having to lock/unlock the hubs on road trips in the snow. Also, I didn’t notice any mileage difference. Really the only upside to the part time kit is that it keeps the rcvs alive longer
Don't forget that the part time kit also helps with driveline vibes on rigs that require a lot of caster correction.

You asked a really vague question, then are upset people gave you opinions.

Sounds like you've made a decision, but want info on install? How to make it work?

A buddy of mine welded his front diff centre, and would stop, get out, lock hubs before and after obstacles.

Riding shotgun gets old cos you both have to hop out to lock a hub each. He often ended up just driving stuff in rear wheel drive until stuck, then lock the hubs

You asked a really vague question, then are upset people gave you opinions.

Sounds like you've made a decision, but want info on install? How to make it work?

A buddy of mine welded his front diff centre, and would stop, get out, lock hubs before and after obstacles.

Riding shotgun gets old cos you both have to hop out to lock a hub each. He often ended up just driving stuff in rear wheel drive until stuck, then lock the hubs
A bit more of install yeah, I got my answers from Marlin. I appreciate opinions of course. But if the argument is that selectable doesn't have more moving parts that fail. I disagree with that. And If I pay more I would want the durability which selectable just offer. So I lean towards simplicity and durability for now. And if locking my hubs is too big of a headache I will change down the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom