Additional 12V Outlet in the Back of the Car? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

is it correct, that the actual Landcruiser 200 does not have an additional 12V Output in the back of the car?

Daniel

It has a regilar 120v three prong outlet that is controlled via a switch up front. It does not have a cig lighter in the rear. I use my plug for my ARB fridge which is on al the time. Never had an issue.

No, but it wouldn't be that difficult to add a few. There are only 2 12V outlets up front on the center console.

I agree they should have put out back there...

Also DTT -- just to let you know, "somehow" that rear outlet has a circuit breaker on it before the fuse. I popped mine with a 20W mini-blender thing and took the fuse out which wasn't broken. When I put the same fuse back in, the outlet worked. So somewhere there is a circuit breaker thing that can be reset by removing the fuse.

Dunno if it's in there, but maybe I should RTFM :D

No, but it wouldn't be that difficult to add a few. There are only 2 12V outlets up front on the center console.

I agree they should have put out back there...

Also DTT -- just to let you know, "somehow" that rear outlet has a circuit breaker on it before the fuse. I popped mine with a 20W mini-blender thing and took the fuse out which wasn't broken. When I put the same fuse back in, the outlet worked. So somewhere there is a circuit breaker thing that can be reset by removing the fuse.

Dunno if it's in there, but maybe I should RTFM :D

Intersting...thanks!

Unknown plug

Hey all. Does anyone know what the wired plug is in the third row seat cubby? I popped it off thinking it was a dummy plug. It's located underneath the cupholders. I don't have my meter to check if its hot. I'm hoping I can use it as another outlet.

Hey all. Does anyone know what the wired plug is in the third row seat cubby? I popped it off thinking it was a dummy plug. It's located underneath the cupholders. I don't have my meter to check if its hot. I'm hoping I can use it as another outlet.

Really??? That would be awesome if there was one back there!

I thought those caps were for the LATCH child seat system. When I go to my LC tonight I will check...

Really??? That would be awesome if there was one back there!

I thought those caps were for the LATCH child seat system. When I go to my LC tonight I will check...

I'm pretty pumped about it as well. I'm hoping its not an ir repeater for the rear entertainment system. Too much happening right now to check it out, but will get to it tomorrow.

I will check tonight also...that would be very kewl!

Do you mean the circular thingy in the cubby on the driver and passenger side 3rd row?

I pulled it out, looks more like a sensor, probably a climate sensor for the rear ac, but nothing to do with a power plug at all.

Do you mean the circular thingy in the cubby on the driver and passenger side 3rd row?

I pulled it out, looks more like a sensor, probably a climate sensor for the rear ac, but nothing to do with a power plug at all.

That'd be the one. Bummer. After thinking about it, I thought the wires were too small a gage for 12v.

That'd be the one. Bummer. After thinking about it, I thought the wires were too small a gage for 12v.

Bummer...

It has a regilar 120v three prong outlet that is controlled via a switch up front. It does not have a cig lighter in the rear. I use my plug for my ARB fridge which is on al the time. Never had an issue.

What size ARB fridge do you have? I was thinking of getting the 63qt but wasn't sure how it would fit. You said you leave it on all the time. Are you running a second battery? Can the fridge stay on while the LC is locked up. Traveling and staying in a hotel and don't want my cold stuff getting warm over night during a summer travel. I could take in the hotel I suppose, kinda of pain in the arse as it would be pretty heavy loaded up. Can you post a pic of it in your rig?

Thanks in Advance!:cheers:

In Europe i have a 12v Outlet in my 2011er in the back.

But no 220v Outlet, which i would have prefered.. And no Switch to have Power in the Rear, if the Engine is Off.

Same in the LC200 Middle East models, additional 12V outlet on the left side rear pillar, no 110/220V outlets however. And there is only 12V when you have your ignition switched on, pretty useless to run a fridge when parked overnight.:bang:

Same in the LC200 Middle East models, additional 12V outlet on the left side rear pillar, no 110/220V outlets however. And there is only 12V when you have your ignition switched on, pretty useless to run a fridge when parked overnight.:bang:

Adding an always-on 12v outlet is really easy...but be careful and have an extra starting battery just in case!

Alright. Pulled panels tonight and pulled some wire. Outlets arrive Wednesday and I think I know where i am going to mount them. Original plan was two outlets on the driver side rear, but looks like the rear hvac unit is on that side and takes up a lot of room. So now the plan is one on the left side and one in the right side. Stay tuned...

Ok, if you need to get into the either of the rear side trim pieces, you need to pull the rear plastic piece that covers the gap between the tailgate and the trunk area. Pretty simple. Just pull straight up and work your way either left or right depending on where you started. Just your standard panel clips.

WP_20150420_17_58_46_Pro.jpg

Once you have that removed, you will see a white/off white button clip. Press the middle in and the pull up the clip.

WP_20150420_17_59_05_Pro.jpg

Removed:
WP_20150420_17_58_06_Pro.jpg

There is also a screw and a bolt that hold the panel in place. The screw is behind the cargo anchor on the side. You just need to turn the anchor 90 degrees and pull it out to reveal the screw.

The bolt is behind the panel where the rear seat fold down lever is. Just a small flat head screwdriver to pop the panel out to access the bolt.

Crappy pic, but on the left is where the screw is located and the surround and cover removed from handle area to access bolt.

WP_20150420_17_58_26_Pro.jpg

My original plan was to route from the engine bay along the left side of the vehicle to the rear. But with the HVAC unit located on this side, too much stuff packed in there.

WP_20150420_17_58_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20150420_17_58_20_Pro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom