adding side LED to tuna-can front turn signals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to install a small yellow LED on the side of the tuna-can ( 81510-60040 ) front turn signals, as shown with the red-star attached.

these cans use the standard 1073 signal bulb. plenty of LED whole bulb replacements but I want to wire a small/single/yellow/exterior grade LED and put it in the outer face of the can to help people know when I'm changing lanes from the side of the truck's view.

it would seem a 1073 bulb base intercepting the bulb with both a bulb socket and with wires coming off to solder to a new micro LED in the side housing would work, but I'm not finding anything like this for sale. other than hacking a bulb and trying to solder in a confined cup, any ideas?

how do you 40 guys add a side indicator to your tuna cans?

where on tuna can.png

ute bikini side light marked.jpg

HERE are a couple of ideas that may work. I don't know what look you are going for but these are small but bright lights that you could wire into the turn circuit.

thanks Cromagnon

these are similar to what's on there now (forward of the LandCruiser badge) as running lights, so that would match... I guess tapping into the circuit and pushing it's own wiring through the light base is an option...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom