Adding rear bumper taillights - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, I dealt with a similar thing on my Tacoma, definitely a good thing to consider to avoid the fast blinking.. LED's are preferable for the lower amp draw, but the goal is just to make brake and indicator lights for visible to other drivers so if their simple incandescent lights, so be it.
If you're paralleling new LEDs into an existing turn signal circuit (keeping incandescents in the loop), you will not have a "hyperblink" problem.

Slee has integrated signal/brake lights in his 200 bumper. Might determine what lights they are.

I've been considering same mod for the same reasons. But 4x4labs bumper does not offer a nice rear facing surface like most.

I agree on the 4x4Labs not really having a good location on the bumper shell. I could see some really narrow lights being recessed into the top curve of the bumper shell. Another thought I've had is maybe putting them on the swing arms near the spindles.

G-CLASS g320 g400 g500 g55 g63 g65 rear bumper fog lights upgrade led light | eBay

I plan on fabbing some brackets/mounts to the sheet metal under the bumper corners to mount a set of these to. I like the Brake/Reverse/Work light combo and they look much better than trailer lights. I shouldn't be to hard. Cutting the holes out in the rubber bumper corners and making clean precise cuts will likely be the hardest part. I plan to wire the White Reverse/Work light center portion to a remote key fob for Work lights. When I am towing the M100 it will keep the light low and light up the camp are well. Crawl in the RTT sleep and if I need light just hit the remote. Same goes if I need to back up and want extra reverse lights.

View attachment 2517773

I stalked a G500 - measurements are 2 1/4" tall x 3 3/8" wide. This kit comes with the resistors to put inline so they don't strobe the guy behind you.

If you're paralleling new LEDs into an existing turn signal circuit (keeping incandescents in the loop), you will not have a "hyperblink" problem.
Good advice. I ran into the hyperlink/hyper flash issue when I installed a Dissent front bumper on my LX470. The Dissent bumper uses five 3/4” bullet style LEDs per side and REPLACES (key word) the OEM halogen turn signals that are bumper mounted. I had to wire in LED load resistors to fix the hyper blinking. However I have a bunch of other auxiliary LEDs wired into the factory light circuit (brake, reverse, turn signal) and there’s no issue with the hyper flashing because you’re not replacing the factory lights, simply adding more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom