Adding factory rear diff lock - 99 LC

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by uzj100, Jan 21, 2004.

1. uzj100

uzj100

Hey guys,

I would like to add a rear factory locker to my 1999 Land Cruiser. I know, I know, I should have bought one with a rear locker.

I think I have a lead on a complete rear axle, disc brake to disc brake with the elocker.

Next is the Rear locker ecu, a rear locker switch and a wiring harness. Can be purchased new from Jeff in TX.

I also need a 1999 Land Cruiser Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual, EWD353U.

Where is the best place to buy this manual? Does anyone have a used one for sale?

Thanks,

Andrew

2. Eduardo96FZJ80

Eduardo96FZJ80

Andrew,
    Have you tried C-Dan? ;)

3. Jim_Chow

Jim_Chow

When I added a rear diff lock to my 1st gen 4runner, I built my own ECU. It consists of two bosch spdt relays and cole-hersee spst and spdt switches (you'd use the factory switch instead). It can be engaged at any speed, any mode (hence, the spst switch to enable/disable the lock/unlock spdt switch...so a passenger doesn't ask, "what does this [lock/unlock] switch do?" while you're going around a bend at 60mph. The rear axle housing took some grinding for the actuator motor notch, welding/grinding to increase the gasket surface area for the new gasket, and drilling/tapping 4 new holes (the others matched). I believe the rear axle mods on the 80 [and probably 100] are easier (only grinding needed) while for the front, you'll have to do the welding/grinding/drilling. If you're swapping in the entire axle unit, it should be cinch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.