Adding factory rear diff lock - 99 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I would like to add a rear factory locker to my 1999 Land Cruiser. I know, I know, I should have bought one with a rear locker.

I think I have a lead on a complete rear axle, disc brake to disc brake with the elocker.

Next is the Rear locker ecu, a rear locker switch and a wiring harness. Can be purchased new from Jeff in TX.

I also need a 1999 Land Cruiser Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual, EWD353U.

Where is the best place to buy this manual? Does anyone have a used one for sale?

Thanks,

Andrew

When I added a rear diff lock to my 1st gen 4runner, I built my own ECU. It consists of two bosch spdt relays and cole-hersee spst and spdt switches (you'd use the factory switch instead). It can be engaged at any speed, any mode (hence, the spst switch to enable/disable the lock/unlock spdt switch...so a passenger doesn't ask, "what does this [lock/unlock] switch do?" while you're going around a bend at 60mph. The rear axle housing took some grinding for the actuator motor notch, welding/grinding to increase the gasket surface area for the new gasket, and drilling/tapping 4 new holes (the others matched). I believe the rear axle mods on the 80 [and probably 100] are easier (only grinding needed) while for the front, you'll have to do the welding/grinding/drilling. If you're swapping in the entire axle unit, it should be cinch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom