Adding Dual Battery Isolator 4.2 td (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
suittsonmission.com
I just bought a 2005 100 VX with a 4.2 td and am very new and confessed about how the dual battery (12volt/24volts) works and what to do in order to isolate the secondary battery. I have already bought a fridge and plan to add lights, winch etc. Please help me understand what I need to do!

Thanks!

Your diesel most likely has a 24 volt starter and glow plugs. Your best bet is to check the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for more specific information on voltage. My short answer is if your TLC vehicle came from the factory with dual batteries no you probably cannot isolate them.

From your avatar it looks like it is the 1hdfte which came out (in Aus at least) with twin starting batteries. As long as it is 12v it should be a simple matter of putting a dual battery controller into the +Ve wire (something simple like the Redarc one for about $90aus). Disconnect one battery and try to start the car to work out which is the starting battery. Also if it is the 1hdfte and you don't use it in freezing temps, get rid of the 'toaster' located in the inlet (square aluminium block thing with a heater inside it) as it draws heaps of amps after the engine starts...

Yes, it came from the factory with dual starter batteries. What would you suggest my option would be????

Thanks for your help?

Shaun

Your diesel most likely has a 24 volt starter and glow plugs. Your best bet is to check the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for more specific information on voltage. My short answer is if your TLC vehicle came from the factory with dual batteries no you probably cannot isolate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom