Adding Boost Compensator to 1HZ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PhrogsPhorever

Whip it good!
GOLD Star
Threads
So, in a never ending quest to get the best out of my motor, I am thinking of adding a boost compensator to my turboed 1HZ. My current injection pump Does not have the HAC and I don't have enough experience with the pump and other models that ran the BC to know what I need to do in order to add it on. Saw a few threads on adding a BC to a pump that had a altitude compensator on it and have pawed through the FSMs, but am trying to figger out the needs for retrofitting it to a vanilla injection pump.

Sent from my interwebz doo-dad

Post a shot of your pump.
Honestly I can't see it being much different than what I had to do with my pump.

Here is is, standard 1HZ pump with no HAC. Aside from replacing the governor top plate, I know that there are some plumbing differences, just not sure what they are.

image-302708994.jpg

image-302708994.jpg

Last edited:
It will literally bolt on and the overflow y price will just go on the side of your pump. Give me a little bit I will take a photo or two of mine

Thanks for the pics, that is similar to what I have seen, just wanted to figure out where all the extra lines go to:grinpimp:

Is it possible to swap the governor cap with the pump still attached to the truck, or do you have to pull it and put it on the bench to do it?

Also, I would guess the rubber line coming off the top is off the intake manifold for boost, no?

Thanks for the pics, that is similar to what I have seen, just wanted to figure out where all the extra lines go to:grinpimp: Is it possible to swap the governor cap with the pump still attached to the truck, or do you have to pull it and put it on the bench to do it? Also, I would guess the rubber line coming off the top is off the intake manifold for boost, no? Sent from my interwebz doo-dad

I did it on the truck. Probably would have been easier but yet again it was far less work. Just really cramped.

I honestly recommend taking the intake manifold off changing those gaskets plus setting your pumps plunger stroke all in one shot. Frees up a ton of room. Yes that hose is from the factory cross pipe.

I made a thread about the issues I ran into. I suggest watching a few people fiddle with cummins pumps on youtube. You'll know what to expect. I also modified the fuel rod slightly as well as the cam plate to get sufficient travel for the rod. Pm me and I can send you some info on to what I exactly did.

That thread is very informative, especially for somebody who's not very knowledgeable when it comes to Diesel engines, injection systems and turbo related fuel adjustments and requirements.

I'm installing a boost compensator kit ( OEM # 22540-73100 ) on a turbo'd 1HZ right now.

Georg @ valley hybrids

Cool, post up some pics and how it went;) I have one on the way (OEM# 22540-17550) for my turboed 1HZ and may get to it this summer.

Last edited:
Where did you run your boost compensator lines ?

That goes into the top cap? I had a plumbed it into my intake system to accept boost pressure. The stock 1hd-t intake pipe had a nipple you could attach it to. So did my TMIC setup.

Here is is, standard 1HZ pump with no HAC. Aside from replacing the governor top plate, I know that there are some plumbing differences, just not sure what they are.

View attachment 856125

View attachment 856125
I ordered a boost compensator 22540-17260 OEM GENUINE TOYOTA COMPENSATOR SUB-ASSY . Will it be adirect fit to my 1992 HZ77 injection pump?

I ordered a boost compensator 22540-17260 OEM GENUINE TOYOTA COMPENSATOR SUB-ASSY . Will it be adirect fit to my 1992 HZ77 injection pump?

It fitted perfectly, but it does not seem to work, I feel no difference with the boost tube connected or not. My boost is 10 psi. Can somebody help me set it up right?

It fitted perfectly, but it does not seem to work, I feel no difference with the boost tube connected or not. My boost is 10 psi. Can somebody help me set it up right?

I am also thinking about adding 22540-17260 compensator to my conversion.

Did you follow all the steps? How did you do your tuning?

BTW this is my thread:

Found (what I think is) the correct EPC schematic … I see the gasket and bolts I need but do I need any other small parts in order to bolt this compensator (22540-17260) onto my injection pump (‘93 HZJ75)?

Gasket (1): 22774-54270
Bolts (4): 22395-54010

Appreciate any insight! 🙌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom