Adding 4350 Lumens in Reverse Bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for sharing @Luke111 - these bulbs look great. Same bulb fit a 100 LC or is this LX fitment?
I’m not sure about the LC but knowing Toyota they are probably the same

its the stock camera (17 years old now) and I'm replacing it with an aftermarket camera
Just curious, will you also add a new display for the new camera, or just connect back to the stock screen?

Another output shot.. this is just the GTR Carbide 2 bulbs 1200 lumens each

B90D0560-90EE-4930-9FA4-A593024531FA.jpeg

That link is good for a pair right? Not just 1? And this shouldn't throw a lightbulb out on our dash correct? Just wanted to double check. I love lightings!
Yes, the price is for a pair and no issues on the dash

My year model LX470 has the back up light location in the tail lamp (not separate near the license plate).

Would the GTR Carbide 2 bulbs still fit and function in that application. Would love to have more light back there.

Reverse Light.JPG

My year model LX470 has the back up light location in the tail lamp (not separate near the license plate).

Would the GTR Carbide 2 bulbs still fit and function in that application. Would love to have more light back there.

View attachment 2582002
I haven’t checked but I’m going to say yes and for $30.00 order a pair and post back in this thread. TRS will take them back if they don’t fit.

View attachment 2582002
I was just on the TRS site and put in the earlier model year and the GTR backup bulb did come up as a fit but their site also indicated the $100.00 bulb would fit my 2006 and it didn’t. If you want to wait a week I just ordered 30 pairs to list on my site ... I’ll test fit them in a earlier model and report back. Digging around on the WEB which may or not be correct, the bulb size for a 2002 LX reverse is coming up as 921 which matches the bulbs I ordered but I’ll verify that shortly unless someone on MUD knows the answer

Last edited:

View attachment 2582002

On my 2000 LX I used the popular JDM Astar ,7443 size lamps and they fit in the taillight reverse spot just fine.

I can't say I'm blown away by the light, definitely better than stock. I'm interested to see if these new lamps are significantly brighter than the JDM Astars that people have been using for a while.

JDM Astar 7443

I was just on the TRS site and put in the earlier model year and the GTR backup bulb did come up as a fit but their site also indicated the $100.00 bulb would fit my 2006 and it didn’t. If you want to wait a week I just ordered 30 pairs to list on my site ... I’ll test fit them in a earlier model and report back. Digging around on the WEB which may or not be correct, the bulb size for a 2002 LX reverse is coming up as 921 which matches the bulbs I ordered but I’ll verify that shortly unless someone on MUD knows the answer

Will wait to see what you find out. I just replaced all of my tail lamp bulbs a couple of days ago with (7443) and I don't want to go back in there without knowing the bulb will work. So will wait to see what you find out, then order from you IF they do. Thanks

Just ordered the 921/T15 bulbs for my 07 LX, thanks Lou. Your pic of them in action looks insane, i can't see crap out of the stock halogens right now.

Will wait to see what you find out. I just replaced all of my tail lamp bulbs a couple of days ago with (7443) and I don't want to go back in there without knowing the bulb will work. So will wait to see what you find out, then order from you IF they do. Thanks
Thanks for identifying the correct bulb size.. I also just spoke to TRS and they do make a 7440/7443 GTR Carbide2.0 but it’s twice the cost as the 921. It has two extra LED chips but produces the same 1200 lumens for $69.00. I know $69.00 is a big number for bulbs but the light output is sick. I ordered two to test fit.... if you plan on ordering before I test fit make sure you select White in the drop down.

Thanks for identifying the correct bulb size.. I also just spoke to TRS and they do make a 7440/7443 GTR Carbide2.0 but it’s twice the cost as the 921. It has two extra LED chips but produces the same 1200 lumens for $69.00. I know $69.00 is a big number for bulbs but the light output is sick. I ordered two to test fit.... if you plan on ordering before I test fit make sure you select White in the drop down.

I'll wait to see what you find. It's a 'wedge' bulb base and it might well be that it will fit my bulb receptacle either (as is) or with slight trimming.

If that is the case then I'll order a set and a spare set from you.

I'll wait to see what you find. It's a 'wedge' bulb base and it might well be that it will fit my bulb receptacle either (as is) or with slight trimming.

If that is the case then I'll order a set and a spare set from you.
I should have both by Monday and compare....they are both wedge based

I should have both by Monday and compare....they are both wedge based

Thank You Sir, I appreciate the effort and will wait to see what you find.

Yeah these lights are stupid bright, but i love it...i love lights did i tell you guys? Anyways install is easy, just pop the rug linger on the tail gate and undo a 10mm bolt holding the housing and take the bulb out, remember to double check to make sure it turns on before buttoning back up, LED bulbs are polarity sensitive.

Pic doesn't show it, but they're brightttt

50950733238_3bd2608ced_h.jpg

The bulbs for the 1999-2002 arrived now I need a LX-LC to test them on. Also this afternoon I was in a parking garage and my backup lights didn't come on... when I installed the bulbs they slipped in and out of the connector really easy. As you can see the bulb slip out of the connector so I'll need to bend the wires on the bulb and connector for a tight fit. I may even place a small dot of headlight sealant to assure they don't move.

5092992F-7814-410B-BE84-CE7494126847.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom