Add a second 200 Series, or a Tundra, or ...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulling the trigger on a 2018 LX this weekend. This will be the long haul, summer months, mostly pavement pusher. The 2015 LC will be the fishing/off road/nasty weather(as in feets of snow) rig.
I have thought about a tundra as well and put an nice cap on the back with those carpeted beds. Does anyone have one of those? Any recommendations on a bed cap?

I'm looking forward to the next gen Tundra. From what I read, it's a complete redesign with new powertrain, suspension, interface, and interior/exterior. If Toyota doesn't screw up (IMHO) the final design with lots of weird bulges and sharp, aggressive angles, I'll be very interested. And long overdue in comparison to other manufacturers' trucks.

I have thought about a tundra as well and put an nice cap on the back with those carpeted beds. Does anyone have one of those? Any recommendations on a bed cap?
I wouldn't do carpet, look into the pull out platforms. Bed cap I have used a G2 in my f150 works good.

Also check out softop out of Colorado. It is basically a Bimini cover that looks and works like a cap, but can be removed in 10 minutes and takes up minimal space.

Recent life events may have me in the position of finding a personal vehicle for myself again (company cars are great and all, but only while you're in the role that provides them!).

I just scored a great deal on a 2018 LC for my wife about a month or so ago, which has really turned us both on to the LC platform in general. We chose the LC for the infotainment system's design over the LX's design and the more simplistic suspension design; for some reason she preferred the way it rode as well.

I've grown quite fond of the platform since purchasing the LC and having a few road trips in it. So much so, I'm considering adding a second 200 series to the stable as my daily if I'm placed in the position to do so. This could be the LC or LX, as I think I could manage the infotainment much more easily than the wife - she's not as tech savvy as I am.

My question for everyone is - would you do it? Would you run two 200 series? I'm also considering a Tundra Platinum, or a GX460.

I've axed the 4Runner (need the V8 so it's not gutless) and the Tacoma TRD Pro (awesome trucks, but the cabin space is too tiny to haul a Newfoundland in a pinch).

I'm open for discussion, and I'm sure some interesting perspectives will be shared.
If the vehicle is for road trips, I’d look at the lx. After driving an lx on road trips, I’d prefer not to drive my Tacoma. The sound deadening and hydraulic suspension makes the lx570 much more comfortable. I’d expect a tundra will have similar sound deadening to a Tacoma...and obviously no hydraulic suspension.

also, when far from home in pouring rain or snow, the full time 4wd of the Lx is preferable to the part time 4wd of the tundra...unless they’ve now added the capability to run w 4wd engaged on the street.

also, I drove the gx460 back to back against the lx570 when I was trying to make a decision. The AHC suspension of the lx sold me. The fact that I could run 33’s on a stock suspension and had a markedly larger “cockpit” to spread out were up there too.

Go for it

My wife was reluctant when I was buying a second 200 but also doesn't want to give hers up so the only solution was a second.

I preferred the Toyota to the Lexus but that is an individual preference.

Good luck
John

Really Fun daily driver Platinum trim with few upgrades, like the TRD big brake kit, TRD exhaust, Toytec Lift , KO2 tires, bed cover, air intake kit, Pedal Commander and a great stereo sounding system with a 10 inch screen , 2 4 channel amps and a sub. Now my LX sits in the garage.
20200908_090649.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom