1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add a leaf?

Discussion in 'MS- CottonLand Cruisers' started by LoneRanger, Jul 29, 2005.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Media:
    Albums:
    What do you guys think of the add a leaf idea as a low budget (mine is low) interim alternative to replacing worn out springs?

ps. why is my jcwhitney catalogue arriving addressed to Mrs. Barry Hause!? :confused:

bh

2. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I dont think this is wise...due to the fact of making the truck ride harsh & all the labor involved in putting them in. If your wanting to achieve lift may want to look at a full lift kit.

Not trying to make you into a hard core wheeler but the time & money spent for add a leafs vs. suspension kit will be worth it in the long run. The trip you just took with all the gear & people probably would have been more comforable with more suspenion under the truck.

Do it right from the begining & no worries later...not to mention spending money twice....

My 02 cents.

3. Bodean

Bodean SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not a fan of the add a leaf on a 40 but the weight of a 60 might make the ride better. Your right, it is a cheap way out. Wouldn't take that long on the lift at my house either. We can try it.??

Later,