add a leaf?

Discussion in 'MS- CottonLand Cruisers' started by LoneRanger, Jul 29, 2005.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Media:
    Albums:
    What do you guys think of the add a leaf idea as a low budget (mine is low) interim alternative to replacing worn out springs?

ps. why is my jcwhitney catalogue arriving addressed to Mrs. Barry Hause!? :confused:

bh

2. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I dont think this is wise...due to the fact of making the truck ride harsh & all the labor involved in putting them in. If your wanting to achieve lift may want to look at a full lift kit.

Not trying to make you into a hard core wheeler but the time & money spent for add a leafs vs. suspension kit will be worth it in the long run. The trip you just took with all the gear & people probably would have been more comforable with more suspenion under the truck.

Do it right from the begining & no worries later...not to mention spending money twice....

My 02 cents.

3. Bodean

Bodean Hot Damn SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not a fan of the add a leaf on a 40 but the weight of a 60 might make the ride better. Your right, it is a cheap way out. Wouldn't take that long on the lift at my house either. We can try it.??

Later,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.