add-a-leaf/main spring failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.longestroad.com
I have an add-a-leaf theory: If I throw some beefy add-a-leafs into my spring pack on my Medium Duty Springs, obviously payload capacity will increase. However, as flex mid pack is limited in these new springs due to the add-a-leaf, won’t I then cause stress on the Main Spring and Cause Premature Failure? I drive thousands of miles of crappy dirt roads a year. Very little in the way of “Trails”, just corrugated nightmares. Perhaps forking out the $$$ for a true Heavy Duty Spring is the only real way to go. Thanks for your thoughts.

i had the lonf add-a -leaf a few years back. it did increase my load capacity ( i carry tile and tile cement, and the wet saw alot) the ride sucked, so i ended up with new CCOT replacement springs, with rancho 5000 all around, im happy, exceot the rear drivers sag is still there.
IMO, any add-a-leaf is just a band-aid, your gonna end up doing the springs anyway.
hammer

I used short add-a-leafs for about 9 months in the rear of my MAF 3" lift. Too stiff, very harsh. Just recently replaced them with full length OME add-a-leafs. OME quality, and it's what they add to their spring packs to raise load capacity. Ride is much better - still firmer than the original MAF spring set, but now can handle more load. Not sure if these would fit into a stock set of springs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom