add-a-leaf+longer shackles= need for longer shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got 2" longer shackles and a set of add-a-leafs and I was thinking that it might be a good idea to get longer shocks? since I'll be getting new ones soon anyhow. any input would be great. thanks

Get 'em.

Good luck!

-Steve

Maybe extra padding for the seats with the add-a leaf! I had them ONCE and couldn't get new "lift" springs fast enough!

Later,

you'll probably end up with 2" total lift....to make it easy, pick up shocks for a 2-1/2" lift....I'd think that'd work....

what size of tire do you guys think I could clear whith this setup? I was thinking that if I cut the rear fenders out a little that I could clear some 35".

Maybe some 33" at the most. I ran 33x10.5 swampers with 2" springs and shackle lift without cutting the rear. No rubbing. 35's will rub.

Later,

With this same add-a-leaf and 2"-over-stock shackle setup on my '75, my old 32x11.5" BFG MTs rubbed the rear inside fenders when stuffed. so 35s would definitely rub.

At some point the 25-year-old shocks wore out on the rear; the replacement Rancho 5000s I bought were size RS5116. We found this size by trial and error, the 2.5 inch lift shock specified in the parts book was way too short. The length works OK, doesn't limit anything...the ride is moderately better than my old riding lawnmower.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom