Add a Leaf for an fj62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for advice on my 1988 fj62. We bought it with a 2.5" OME lift and the back of the car sits higher than the front. Any ideas on how to level it out by raising the front? I've heard a couple of things about add a leaf, but not sure if it a good idea.

Don't add a leaf to the front. old springs sag with time. get some sand bags and load up the rear w 800 lbs and drive over some bumps. the springs need to be flexed

do you know if they are the heavy or medium springs? i took a leaf out of the rear heavy spring pack and that helped. now that i’ve driven it a bunch with some heavy trailers though i wish i still had them in

The OME Add-A-Leaf are now D1XL (for front) and D2XL (rear).

D1XL is one leaf that fits seamlessly into the pack. To quote Kurt from (Cruiser Outfitters) It makes a light pack into a medium, or medium into a heavy: CS003F + D1XL = CS004F ; CS004F + D1XL = CS005F, etc.

Many, including myself, have installed them to cure the ’Stink-Bug’ (high rear) stance.
Some threads on the subject: Here and Here

Hope that helps,

Last edited:
I added an OME add-a-leaf to the rear of my slightly-saggy stock packs, and got a nice small lift (3/4") and comfy ride. Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters can talk you through all of this - don't shop or consult anywhere else.

Just bought a 62 and the front is slightly lower than the back. Thinking of adding an ARB bumper and worried about the front dropping more. I believe I have the OME light suspension in the front (5 springs) and want to add the D1XL, do I need a new center pin as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom