SOLD ADAPTER FOR CUMMINS 12V (6BT) or a 4BT to A343f FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lckarl

SILVER Star
Threads
I have decided that I will most likely not be needing this adapter so time to sell it. Hopefully it will help someone by not having to deal with the potential pitfalls of ordering it directly from the manufacturer. Some people may get this!
This adapter will allow you to use either a Cummins 6bt(12 valve) or a Cummins 4bt to a FZJ80 A343f transmission.
The adapter has never been used. I bolted it up to a Cummins 12v in the pictures to illustrate fitment.
Buyer will receive the adapter plate, flywheel, flex plate, high torque starter, and hardware.
It is possible some of the hardware might be missing or too short sort of problem. A trip to the local hardware store would solve any such problem. I only bolted up what you see in the pictures, so did not
attach torque converter or bell housing.
There is a bit of surface rust on the flywheel and flex plate as can be seen in the pictures.
Price $1850.00 Shipping is $100.00 dollars and will come in two separate boxes due to weight. Flywheel is quite heavy.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
One other thing I want to mention. Due to an oversight in the original design, part of the adapter as it is currently hits the oil pan bolts at the back of the engine. It will need to be ground down a bit or cut out to solve this issue. I wanted to mention this so it doesn't create a WTF moment down the road for the buyer.

cummins 12v adapter nameplate.jpg

cummins 12v adapter.jpg

cummins 12v adapter side.jpg

cummins 12v with flywheel and flexplate.jpg

does this work with a442 also? i never really followed the dieseladapters drama once i read about all the problems associated with about every product they put out.
Yes. A442 or A343. Will also work with A440, but you have to measure the difference and weld a longer snout on an A442 converter, because Dustin has “lost” every harddrive that had answers for any question I’ve come up with.

Yes, I still have it and am willing to sell it.

I have decided that I will most likely not be needing this adapter so time to sell it. Hopefully it will help someone by not having to deal with the potential pitfalls of ordering it directly from the manufacturer. Some people may get this!
This adapter will allow you to use either a Cummins 6bt(12 valve) or a Cummins 4bt to a FZJ80 A343f transmission.
The adapter has never been used. I bolted it up to a Cummins 12v in the pictures to illustrate fitment.
Buyer will receive the adapter plate, flywheel, flex plate, high torque starter, and hardware.
It is possible some of the hardware might be missing or too short sort of problem. A trip to the local hardware store would solve any such problem. I only bolted up what you see in the pictures, so did not
attach torque converter or bell housing.
There is a bit of surface rust on the flywheel and flex plate as can be seen in the pictures.
Price $1850.00 Shipping is $100.00 dollars and will come in two separate boxes due to weight. Flywheel is quite heavy.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
One other thing I want to mention. Due to an oversight in the original design, part of the adapter as it is currently hits the oil pan bolts at the back of the engine. It will need to be ground down a bit or cut out to solve this issue. I wanted to mention this so it doesn't create a WTF moment down the road for the buyer.

View attachment 1813270

View attachment 1813271

View attachment 1813272

View attachment 1813274
Hello. Is it still available?

Yes. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, I have a customer in South America building this project. Is a Cummins 6BT -12 Valves - engine on a 1997 Land Cruiser 80 Series. The Toyota (Aisin) automatic transmission is the A450. This Transmission came out on those Land Cruisers in South America.
- Is this kit going to work for this configuration?
- How much is the current cost for the adapter / flywheel kit?
- We're located in Smyrna, GA 30080. How much would be the shipping cost and how many days to delivery?

I do not know if it would work with the A450. I really don't have a way to accurately answer your question.
Shipping is about $160.00. Items are heavy. It would be UPS ground which should take no more than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom