Actively seeking bj42....might settle for fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

New member but trolled yrs ago.

Active Toyota lover. Currently on 2nd Tacoma. Always had love for the 40.

Currently live in Edmonton, Canada but need a ride for my place In phoenix.

Willing to fly anywhere to pick up a bj42.

Regards,

Matt

$10-20K. Preferably little rust, 3.5 interiror, Preferably diesel.

I'm looking for mostly original. I don't want a big headache restoring. If it required small corrections then i'd have a look. I understand yours is a bit of a mess. I'd probably avoid.

I often see 42's for sale on Vancouver Island.

Last edited:
Trust me I've been focusing on BC cruisers. So far nary a response from most ppl. If you know of a site other than the usuals let me know

I'm looking for mostly original. I don't want a big headache restoring. If it required small corrections then i'd have a look. I understand yours is a bit of a mess. I'd probably avoid.

It is not a mess, but it is definitely not original, and it does need some work. The previous owner had some "unique" things done with it that I am only finding out about as I go along. Good luck with your search. I know a while ago there were a number of them in Calgary for sale. Have you posted in RMLCA? There are always things going by there.

Leave the Vancouver Island cruisers alone... We need them.

It is not a mess, but it is definitely not original, and it does need some work. The previous owner had some "unique" things done with it that I am only finding out about as I go along. Good luck with your search. I know a while ago there were a number of them in Calgary for sale. Have you posted in RMLCA? There are always things going by there.
Thx for the info. I'll have a look.

Is $19k good value for an 82bj42 in good shape

Yes, can be

:cheers:

Better always go see it yourself or ask somebody out of the community closeby if he want to inspect it for you

Better always go see it yourself or ask somebody out of the community closeby if he want to inspect it for you
I'm holding it with a DP, with intention to purchase. Not home for 10 days. It would sell quick I believe.

Found out the BJ was a salvageable rebuild twice. Doesn't mean much to me. As long as the frame is good. After all, old LC's have all been rebuilt a time or two.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom