Active LC owners in Michigan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Count me in!

They all have their +'s and -'s... would be fun.
I'm curious to see if I can get a better lap time in my 2017 TRD Taco or my 2002 330Xi

I live in michigan now, not sure why i moved...

I live in michigan now, not sure why i moved...
Welcome fengler! I know we dont quite have the offroad following that you had in Mesa but michigan is a beautiful state. I recommend looking up the lake Michigan circle tour. My wife and i utilized my new storage/ sleeping platform last summer doing this and had a low cost blast!

Welcome to the mitten Fengler! Every place has it's pros and cons... Michigan has a way of making you really, really appreciate those perfect days between the usual days and we do have many good things about the State. I could live anywhere and chose to live here.
Looking forward to catching up with you.

Just got back from my first trip to CA. Saw San Fran, Napa, Highway 1 and such.

Most amazing, but like I told the people I met at the Ouray Brewery in CO a couple of years ago that asked what Michigan is like, "this place is great but Michigan is better". Ya gotta look a bit, but it is really awesome.

We managed to retire in the Traverse City area. There isn't much that beats this region. Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear, Leelanau County

Well, I acquired a second 80 series this weekend from out of ohio, a 94 unlocked. Its been hit and had the bodywork carried out on it before discovering the front axle had been bent. Only 98k miles on the clock, and runs 10x smoother than my 97 at 252k. I planned on using it purely for a parts vehicle, but the overall condition is almost too nice to strip. I think I'll swap the 1FZ-FE out of the 94 into my nicer 97, along with the rear tailgate and hatch and nice wheels and tires, and then use the 94 as an LS development platform for a future swap into the 97.

Unless someone has a junked 80 with a good front axle lying around - then I could pop it in and fix the power steering and have a pair of cruisers....

Also, finding out I need a larger garage, both area and height-wise :doh:

We managed to retire in the Traverse City area. There isn't much that beats this region. Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear, Leelanau County

"Retire" and "Traverse City" are magical buzz words for me. Enjoy.

"Retire" and "Traverse City" are magical buzz words for me. Enjoy.

The secret is buy a home outside the city limits, it takes crazy money to live in town. We're seven miles south of town.

That's about right, I am about seven miles south of town, 6.7 miles to Costco. TC is a nice town, food scenery good food, good beer, good hunting/fishing. Just winding up shop and putting the house up for sale down state. Will be full time in TC hopefully by late summer. Now about hauling all my crap up there..........

That's about right, I am about seven miles south of town, 6.7 miles to Costco. TC is a nice town, food scenery good food, good beer, good hunting/fishing. Just winding up shop and putting the house up for sale down state. Will be full time in TC hopefully by late summer. Now about hauling all my crap up there..........

Let me know if you need a hand hauling your crap up there...

Regarding the TC region... my son keeps sending me SnapChats of beautiful sunsets, the beach, etc.

If you have the opportunity, go to the NMC culinary restaurant for lunch Tuesday - Thursday.
Next school year my son will be working there as a 2nd year student. If you see a rather large leprechaun in the kitchen... it's probably him.

btw, he's looking for summer work (ideally in a restaurant) and a place to rent so he can stay in Northern Michigan for the summer.

Let me know if you need a hand hauling your crap up there...

Regarding the TC region... my son keeps sending me SnapChats of beautiful sunsets, the beach, etc.

If you have the opportunity, go to the NMC culinary restaurant for lunch Tuesday - Thursday.
Next school year my son will be working there as a 2nd year student. If you see a rather large leprechaun in the kitchen... it's probably him.

btw, he's looking for summer work (ideally in a restaurant) and a place to rent so he can stay in Northern Michigan for the summer.

That lunch at NMC is great.Good friend is the chartreuse instructor there, name Bob Rodriquez. He and a group of us that played hockey butchered a Mangusta hog in the kitchen at the school, made sausage, grilled chops, great day.

That lunch at NMC is great.Good friend is the chartreuse instructor there, name Bob Rodriquez. He and a group of us that played hockey butchered a Mangusta hog in the kitchen at the school, made sausage, grilled chops, great day.

Sounds fantastic! I'm enjoying the food that's been brought home to us during visits.
First year students do not have consistency enough to sell the food in the restaurant so we're getting the benefits.

MICH LC, Will keep my ear to the ground for any opportunities.

Welcome Fengler, MESA to FENTON, quite a change!

I've been wanting a second Land Cruiser for a while and thought it would most likely be a 40, 60 or 80... but Sunday we welcomed our "new" 2004 100 to the mix (the dumpster is due to a kitchen remodel). My wife is happy... this one has running boards... hoping to get her out on the 2tracks!

LandCruiser par due.jpg

Congrats! Nice ride. Find it local?

Congrats! Nice ride. Find it local?

Pretty much... had to import from near Traverse City.
3rd row seats are gone and previous owner (2 prior to me) literally cut the 3rd row seatbelts.

I'm surprised at the difference between the 2004 and 2000 LC. Neither is 'better' but assuredly a different feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom