Active LC owners in Michigan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a new owner from the Coopersville area, picked up my '88 about a month and a half ago from a guy in GR. Here's one of the better angles, it's actually got a fair amount of rust on it (which is fine with me, as its mostly a winter driver/camping truck). I'm also using it as an opportunity to learn how to wrench on cars. Did my first oil change on it shortly after I bought it, and this weekend I'll be seeing if I can replace the fuel filter without any catastrophes.

XzkKZuE.jpg

Welcome to the addiction! Nice rig! Love the 60s.

I'm a new owner from the Coopersville area, picked up my '88 about a month and a half ago from a guy in GR. Here's one of the better angles, it's actually got a fair amount of rust on it (which is fine with me, as its mostly a winter driver/camping truck). I'm also using it as an opportunity to learn how to wrench on cars. Did my first oil change on it shortly after I bought it, and this weekend I'll be seeing if I can replace the fuel filter without any catastrophes.

XzkKZuE.jpg
Cool 62! White is my fav color. Just get after those rusty spots with some rust converter stuff like "Extend" and slow that crap down, then use "Fluid Film" or cooking spray or old oil to hold it at bay. Cheap way to keep it from getting worse.
Welcome to the group. We are overdue for a meetup so maybe a spring kickoff in a few weeks would work (?) I'd like to do something in GR and/or a bit farther north, maybe Baldwin/Cadillac-ish or farther to Traverse.

Anyone?

I’d be down for that.

@Rizwold , I just looked at your truck on my desktop (bigger screen). Not so bad, especially for around here. I like that you have the guts to drive it year around. I am having serious Cruiser withdrawl on my other rigs waiting for spring. My 100 is in similar shape but it was cheap, so I went for it so I didn't have to drive my pickup (boring) every day in the salt. A nice big cobble job bodywork session is up and coming on the hundy. If is lasts a couple of years I will redo it then.

@Rizwold , I just looked at your truck on my desktop (bigger screen). Not so bad, especially for around here. I like that you have the guts to drive it year around. I am having serious Cruiser withdrawl on my other rigs waiting for spring. My 100 is in similar shape but it was cheap, so I went for it so I didn't have to drive my pickup (boring) every day in the salt. A nice big cobble job bodywork session is up and coming on the hundy. If is lasts a couple of years I will redo it then.

Thanks for the tip on rust prevention! Yeah, it's by no means mint condition, but fortunately the frame rust isn't structural yet. And I totally understand the summer vehicle withdrawal. My Camaro longs for dry, salt-free pavement.

Awesome. Literally the instant I lifted the cover on this, I got the "watched thread" notification about your Camaro. I hear ya.
15192593679992093759888.jpg

Seeing the summer rides makes me kind of want one again... but then I hit a nice big canyon in the road and am thankful I'm in my 100 ;?)
I did just pick up a nice E46 for my daughter to drive... or as I stated to her; "it's my track car... you can drive it when I'm not at a track event and you're more than welcome to join me at CCA events."

IMG_5246.jpg

Seeing the summer rides makes me kind of want one again... but then I hit a nice big canyon in the road and am thankful I'm in my 100 ;?)
I did just pick up a nice E46 for my daughter to drive... or as I stated to her; "it's my track car... you can drive it when I'm not at a track event and you're more than welcome to join me at CCA events."

View attachment 1639299
My daughter drives our 80 series and I remind her that she’s driving my 80!

View attachment 1639299

Nice car. I had a 325xi E46 wagon in silver, great fun car. It went around to a couple of my buddies so I would see it a lot (the "circle of junk" we call it). Found out a day late it got sold on CL for $900. For that I would have bought it back!

Cool 62! White is my fav color. Just get after those rusty spots with some rust converter stuff like "Extend" and slow that crap down, then use "Fluid Film" or cooking spray or old oil to hold it at bay. Cheap way to keep it from getting worse.
Welcome to the group. We are overdue for a meetup so maybe a spring kickoff in a few weeks would work (?) I'd like to do something in GR and/or a bit farther north, maybe Baldwin/Cadillac-ish or farther to Traverse.

Anyone?

Im in.

you guys are all making me jealous. I feel like I chose the wrong career path...

you guys are all making me jealous. I feel like I chose the wrong career path...

Whatever.

What you do and know from your job is bad*ss.

That said, I get it. I started my new Cruiser business to try to develop my "retirement career".

My summer car is my winter car... Once my LC is up and running again, it will be my summer vehicle, but I want something different. I think next is a Mercedes W-126 variant

Nice car. I had a 325xi E46 wagon in silver, great fun car. It went around to a couple of my buddies so I would see it a lot (the "circle of junk" we call it). Found out a day late it got sold on CL for $900. For that I would have bought it back!

That's too funny... when the ad was posted for this BMW I sent it to my wife and she said; "haven't we owned that car before?"...
This is our 4th silver e46; 2-328's, 1-325 and this 330

I seem to keep coming back to happiness is Toyota trucks and BMW cars...
Next year I may actually be tempted to purchase a new Z4/Supra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom