Acid Dipping/Galvanizing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in WI or close to that does this?

I need someone that can handle an FJ60 frame.

I heard of a place in Milwaukee that supposedly did it, then I heard they went out of business and I can't seem to get any more info.

Or is there a better way to rustproof (as much as a cruiser can be anyway) a frame?

It's a beautiful frame and I paid top dollar, and I don't want it rusting off like the old one.

Thanks for any advice.

Fred

P.S.: The closer to Milwaukee/Madison/Beloit the better.

Last edited:
I had my FJ40 frame sand blasted and epoxy coated about 7-8 years back....if I'd stop adding stuff to it, it'd still be in great shape....lol

all the epoxy coated areas are still solid....

Thanks Woody,

Where did you get it done? Somewhere near Appleton I'll bet.

I found a place in Milwaukee and talked to them. They said they do auto frames and can do anything up to 20 feet long, both acid dipping and galvanizing. In case anyone else ever needs the info:

ACME GALVANIZING, INC.
Milwaukee, WI
Maximum size: 23' x 3'8" x 6'4"
Phone: 414.645.3250
Fax: 414.645.5929

If that doesn't work out, I might need the name of someone who can go the epoxy/powder coat route.

I don't suppose anyone on here is near Beloit/Madison/Milwaukee and has a truck and trailer and would be willing to help me get a land cruiser frame to Milwaukee and back? :frown:

Fred

Fred sorry I can not help you with transportation but did you get prices for dipping? If you do this could you please let me know the prices? Really interested in having this done. 8).

Have you done this yet? I have a trailer and could help if needed. Let me know. I am about 20 mi south of Madison.

Thanks, the frame is in a temporary holding pattern since we're intalling a new kitchen and bathrooms in the house right now. Also, my 12HT will be coming towards the end of December/beginning of January, and I'm gonna have to cough up some money for that. :)

I'll let you know when I decide to do it, it will probably be around January/February or so.

I imagine the price will be around $700 or so, and that is an estimate only. I won't know for certain till the job is done.

And thanks Alstaz for offering your help with the truck and trailer. I'll let you know when I get closer to doing it.

Fred

No problem, let me know if you need the help.

I know this is a late reply, I am new to this. I own a painting co. near Delavan , Elkhorn area. We do tons of sandblasting, and am currently doing 24 semi trailers. If interested let me know. www.ljweberpainting.com. We also use products from diamond vogel paints(madison). Some of the products we have used, we have put on county trucks. And you know Wi salt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom