ACH/suspension questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! I used to have a 80 series land cruiser but needed something more updated and wanted to go more for of an overlanding build so I bought a 100 series( 2006 Lexus LX470)! I am still learning about this ACH system I have on this rig but I would like to put a swing out rear bumper on and a metal front bumper on as well. Is there anyway you can install heavy set springs without loosing the ACH? I was looking into the dobisons 1-1.5in lift kit for this Lexus but would that hurt and or make me loose the ACH system? Lastly can the bigger diffs handle 35s from the factory? I have 33s on it now a fresh set of KO2S. I will admit the front bumper is strictly for looks but the rear bumper would to hood the spare and extra fuel/water, also so I can remove the spare tire from under the rig. If anyone has done a build close to this please share I can’t find anything on this! Thanks for the long read!

A3DD6AEF-63C2-49D9-BEA1-404AC8E9D4CC.jpeg

A few questions you have that I can help answer;
• Yes your 06 has a 4-pinion diff carrier design and easily handle 35s, however mpg will definitely go down.
• Options to restore acceleration due to heavier mass to turn 35s plus F/R bumpers would be to re-gear to 4.88s or T-Case under drive kit.
• Rear coil springs solution for AHC: 2x New King Springs STANDARD HEIGHT COIL SPRINGS For LEXUS LX470 UZJ100R - 4WD | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/154705893150?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=l1PC5oIsTZ6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=vmCAMT1IQ3y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom