Access to Lexus records? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have access to Lexus service records? I've called 5 dealerships and get the same response - "Can't give out that info anymore due to some privacy laws". I'm not asking for anything private such as name or address, just if the vehicle has been serviced regularly at a Lexus dealership. I used to be able to just call them up and they would give it out.

Unfortunately the guy I knew at Lexus doesn't work there anymore. Anyone have some ideas? Thanks.

Try walking into a dealership and talking to a service guy. You might get a better response. It's easier to blow people off over the phone.

As of 2.5 years ago, they had no problem giving out this info. I still have copies of the printout and there is no information on the previous owners in the records.

When I called they were happy to read me the information over the phone in great detail, but they did say they weren't allowed to fax or copy me the information because of privacy issues. I have been meaning to go into the dealership with a paper and pencil and copy the whole thing down. They may get tired of me standing there copying it and just print it off for me. It was rather extensive.

troy

I have a copy of service records for the LX 450 I bought a few years ago. I don't recall seeing any personal information on the print out.

Go into the dealership and explain that all you want is a copy of the service records for the vehicle. Shouldn't be a problem.

adam4x4 said:
Anyone have access to Lexus service records? I've called 5 dealerships and get the same response - "Can't give out that info anymore due to some privacy laws". I'm not asking for anything private such as name or address, just if the vehicle has been serviced regularly at a Lexus dealership.

PM me the VIN.

i had one of the salesman at a lexus dealership email me records within the past month, so it's all about who you're dealing with (and probably how badly they want to sell the d*mn thing)

They don't have any problem if you are buying off of their lot - but it is a little bit different story when you're not. My big problem is I am shopping around so I'm always wanting to check more than one.

I just run out of time to go by there. I think I found myself some help. In the future I will just go by there. They have been good to work with in the past.

adam4x4 said:
They don't have any problem if you are buying off of their lot - but it is a little bit different story when you're not. My big problem is I am shopping around so I'm always wanting to check more than one.

I just run out of time to go by there. I think I found myself some help. In the future I will just go by there. They have been good to work with in the past.

sorry- trying to do too many things at once and didn't fully read post:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom