Accelerator Pedal Loose/Cable Crusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My accelerator Pedal can move from side to side about an inch, and seems to be loose on that bracket that secures it. The accelerator cable also seems to be getting worn... I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like as I haven't driven another 80, but all the other cars I've driven have had much easier to control accelerator pedals. I was looking into replacing the whole pedal to take care of the side to side movement as it comes with the bracket that it seems to be loose from, and replacing the cable to make it smoother. I believe the part number for the pedal is 78120-60070 but can't figure out the proper cable part number. There appears to be two in the diagram, while my 80 only has one and the bracket where the second one would sit isnt populated. Let me know what you think about this.
20190802_154203.jpg
791140_7851_0001.png

The upper cable is the hand throttle. Convenient but not mandatory. I have one in my rig and I do use it a lot for running g my winch, air rrc compressor, and A/C.

Wendell,
What year is your 80?

I looked up the throttle cable for our '97 and came up with 78180-60280. You should verify it's for your year 80 with whoever you order from.

So does anyone else's accelerator pedal have a bunch of side to side play at that little spring on the mounting bracket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom