1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accelerator cable removal

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 410225, Oct 16, 2003.

1. 410225

pedal sticking. I have lubed the cable with liquid graphite and still sticks. I am intending to install new cable but this was not covered on FSM. Can someone tell me if it is difficult DIY? Any other alternatives? I have 97 LC w/ 112k mi.
    Thanks

2. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Did you read the comment on another thread asking if you disconnected the engine end and removed the boot, held it up in the air, etc? You can get it to run all the way to the floormats this way... Also, lube the gas pedal pivot points and such.

IdahoDoug

3. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Put one in a few months ago, piece of cake!

Well maybe not that PITA bracket down in the foot space on the firewall, back behind the carpet up where you can't see it and need hands the size of quarters to touch it. The whole time snaked in on your back jambed in by the seat banging your head on the stering column, regretting the fact that your 6'6" tall, 240lbs and hung like a horse! Well not the last one :D.

4. cruiserman

cruiserman

Are you sure it isn't the throttle plate sticking?

5. 410225

If it is the throttle plate sticking, what is the best way to clean throttle body?