ACC Garage Family Reunion, May 14-16, 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yawl have fun. New job pays better but is a s++t show, no “sneaking away” for a day.

On thing I have realized living down here is people like to make a run on supplies as soon as there's any sign that something might happen. I think it's just a chain reaction at this point. Everyone is trying to beat everyone else to make sure they have theirs. They're not so much concerned about an emergency, just that others will take what they need.

Pretty sure that’s everywhere. Would be much less of an issue if folks would turn the TV off. I didn’t even know there was a “crisis”until I saw something on ‘Mud late last night.

Maybe it is everywhere now. I'm just thinking back to when I was a kid. I grew up in the Midwest and we had blizzards during the winter and tornadoes in the summer. We always had enough to get by for a week or two with no power or trips to the store. My grandmother lived in Texas Creek, CO and had months of supplies just in case she got snowed-in up in the mountains.

I've lived in the South half of my life, but you may be right. People might panic just as much up there these days. On thing I remembered is that people used to get together and play cards, help out with cooking, kids would play together, etc. We all relied on eachother to fill in the gaps in our communities. Maybe that's what is gone now.

On thing I have realized living down here is people like to make a run on supplies as soon as there's any sign that something might happen. I think it's just a chain reaction at this point. Everyone is trying to beat everyone else to make sure they have theirs. They're not so much concerned about an emergency, just that others will take what they need.
They have been doing that for years. If they say it is going to snow? Forget about it. Milk, bread and TP fly off the shelves like the end of days. :lol:

It’s what social media is for. Whipping society into a frenzy on command.

They’ll drag this out and use scare attics to try and keep people from traveling. Can’t be having that summer tourism boom ya know.

I guess the big question right now is if there will be gas out here. Nothing at the pumps but 93 and diesel right now. That will be gone by the end of the day.

I guess that explains the chaos at QT last night. I had a full tank so did not consider it further

Dam, @Bama4door we may need a report on the fuel situation around Wednesday or Thursday. We are dragging the WarRig down and it really like the fuel. Looking at the mileage, we will for sure need to fuel at least once, maybe twice on the round trip. If I can't get fuel, we may have to just bring the GX. The WarPig is full up and I topped off Bumble when we went to town on Saturday, so I should be good for one way, but the return trip will require about 25 gallons of refined Crude.

And @thatcabledude I 100% agree, the Mrs and I were discussing it this morning. I knew Colonial had shut down, but apparently the FB beater really kicked into whip mode yesterday and has everyone convinced we are out of gas, so now everyone is out filling up their tanks whether they need to or not and now that is going to cause an artificial shortage. Stupid sheep. Just think for a hot second, if you fill up once every other week, chances are the pipeline will be back up and going before you even know whats happening. And I always wondered, what the hell are you going to do with bread, milk and eggs... I guess everyone makes french toast when it snows in the south...

Anyway, I will be keeping and eye on it and I'm hopeful they can localize the cyber-attack and can get the pipeline back up before the weekend.

Dam, @Bama4door we may need a report on the fuel situation around Wednesday or Thursday. We are dragging the WarRig down and it really like the fuel. Looking at the mileage, we will for sure need to fuel at least once, maybe twice on the round trip. If I can't get fuel, we may have to just bring the GX. The WarPig is full up and I topped off Bumble when we went to town on Saturday, so I should be good for one way, but the return trip will require about 25 gallons of refined Crude.

And @thatcabledude I 100% agree, the Mrs and I were discussing it this morning. I knew Colonial had shut down, but apparently the FB beater really kicked into whip mode yesterday and has everyone convinced we are out of gas, so now everyone is out filling up their tanks whether they need to or not and now that is going to cause an artificial shortage. Stupid sheep. Just think for a hot second, if you fill up once every other week, chances are the pipeline will be back up and going before you even know whats happening. And I always wondered, what the hell are you going to do with bread, milk and eggs... I guess everyone makes french toast when it snows in the south...

Anyway, I will be keeping and eye on it and I'm hopeful they can localize the cyber-attack and can get the pipeline back up before the weekend.
Heard there are a few stations out this morning south of Bham. The ones I’ve driven by today seem normal, not overcrowded. I’ll report back Thurs

RUSHANS.... THEY BEHIND DIS-INFORMATION.... PASS IT ON....

iu.jpeg

So ZERO rental cars available at Hartsfield.

WTF?!?
Also. . . no where to fill the tank. I stopped at 3 gas stations on my way home yesterday before I found one that still had gas. This morning all stations are empty except for diesel.

Also. . . no where to fill the tank. I stopped at 3 gas stations on my way home yesterday before I found one that still had gas. This morning all stations are empty except for diesel.
Slim pickin’s around here yesterday evening. Because of panic buying I guess. My area’s fuel comes in on barges from the intercostal waterway. I was out working early this morning and everything seemed stocked back up and a stations weren’t packed or anything. But then again it was storming like SOB, including hail.

Yesterday my coworkers in mid Alabama were reporting lots of stations without and the ones that still had fuel we’re doing $25 limits. I have jerrys and a carrier I can bolt on, but I would rather not suit up in EAF garb just to make it to Choccolocco🤣

Yeah, @jynx is coming down from TN and was planning on hauling his WarPig buggy down. His tow rig is a gasser and now he's reconsidering this plan. I myself was planning on dragging the M416 just to have a spot to stash things at camp. I'm going to bring a couple jerry cans for sure now. Hoping the stations around here get resupply by end of the day.

Prices at the local convenience store where I live just outside Tallassee, AL price increased to $2.99 but they had gas. I topped off the 60 and returned with 4 five gallon Sceptors. Drove south to Andalusia, AL yesterday afternoon and stopped at the Gitty-Up-N-Go. They had fuel but only premium at $3.++. Maybe the stupidity will subside over the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom