AC weird noise after reconditioned compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had my original compressor reconditioned with new condenser, new dryer but expansion valve wasn't replace as the AC shop said it was fine and if it fails they would put the new one in. All working for them and put 800cc of R134a gas in. This may be a bit low but it was working so they said it was fine to drive away.
Left it one day sitting on the drive way and when I fired it up yesterday a intermittent loud noise was coming from the engine bay, when compressor kicked in. So not sure why....

Two things come to mind,

1. Not sure its the expansion valve that is bust causing that noise, doesn't sound like that would be an issue, but I could be wrong.
2. The idle pulls could be a fault as looked rusty but they said it ran fine. the noise does go away when I turn ac off, which still has the idle pulley in the system, thus not sure the noise is that either??

PLEASE help me as I have spent time and money £700 on this mostly new system and I am gutted that now I have an issue.

Could be the clutch on the compressor, ac tensioner, or the belts to tight/loose. What does the noise sound like? Who reconditioned your compressor? Did they use oem parts? Lots of variables here? They should be the ones diagnosing this if you paid to have it fixed.

By reconditioned, they re-sealed your original compressor? To rebuild one takes some very specialized tools and knowledge. Why didn't they put in the full charge? Did they remember to put oil back in? Like FJ80oregon said, there's a whole lot of variables.

Belt Idler.jpg

Is what's circled in yellow called the AC compressor? If I am to replace it with new OEM, are there any associated parts I should also be replacing while I'm in there?

View attachment 3197014

Is what's circled in yellow called the AC compressor? If I am to replace it with new OEM, are there any associated parts I should also be replacing while I'm in there?

Yes that is the ac compressor.

Read this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom