AC problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching for any and all things AC related, and came up with very little.
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction...

I'm getting no repsonse from my AC whatsoever. I don't even think the compressor is kicking on--no change in rpms, don't hear anything engaging, no change in air from the vents.

I checked the fuse in the cab. Are there any other fuses I should check?
Any advice to troubleshoot the problem?

I had it recharged just last summer and it worked great.

Hayes

It may have lost its charge over the winter .
You said you had it charged last year , did they find any leaks in the system ,or did they just slam some in and send you on your way ?
The system wont run if the system is too low on R- whatever in your system . I run mine all the time in the winter and summer as Im a fat bastid plus it helps with the fogging of the windows all year round . The other thing it does it keeps the seals lubed so they dont dry out and leak.

I'm having the same problems with mine, I had it charged 3 days ago and it worked fine. It will blow cold for about 30 mins then it gets warm. My friend that is the Lead tech at the dealership I work at seems to think that it is the expansion valve......Im gonna replace that next week and see what happens.

Casey

The dealership pressure tested it with some kind of UV reactive tracer to check for leaks. I ran it for three or four days like this.
No leaks were found so they charged it up.

Would the compressor stop running altogether if it has lost all of its R-whatever?

Hayes

Hayes said:
No leaks were found so they charged it up.
Would the compressor stop running altogether if it has lost all of its R-whatever? Hayes

The compressor will not run if there is no freon in the system. But it sounds like you may have a different problem. Did the dealership check it with guages after adding freon? If they did, they should have been able to see any issues. All AC systems basically work the same and gauges are the best way to isolate trouble. I'd take it back to them and make them find the issue.

Koffer's point about running it from time to time in the winter is the best way to keep it from having seasonal issues.

Hayes,

I am having the same problem as you...except my has never been charged that I know of. Mine went from blowing Ice cold to just not blowing at all.

Have you had any luck with yours? If so what was the cause? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom