Ac part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a shop fix my ac. Said the expansion valve was getting stuck and that’s why I was losing ac whenever I moved. They fixed it, and the ac worked great. For a day. Now it’s back to crap. Checked under the hood and found this mess they left. Looks like they ripped the boot, snapped that metal piece (and covered it up in go-on-wet gasket sealer), and maybe broke something else considering the 2 pipes are now zip tied together.

My question, can anyone help me with part numbers to all the parts pictured that are broken. That black metal piece that the piping is going into, the boots and the pipes themselves?

Want to bring a receipt of all those parts into the shop and make them refund me for this. Crazy.

DBDC4D41-5D99-412C-9F01-9D26EA21DFCE.jpeg

good luck. If they took out the evaporator I think I'd have to take it all 100% apart and start over. - to replace the expansion valve they had to have taken out the evap.

everything is on this page.

partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Toyota&ssd=%24%2AKwGcqLmDx-GR9uL92sG6msTQ8PfpmJeam4mXpdWN3IuUjfKI29uGjJWc1NDawc63gsfNxsyLlJuEiJGQgYyVipGZnpyI29uMwI2Si5aYm5rHy6GM0tbfx8vo0dWahoyViIuZlpmewsnHgo-KwNqNkorVqaT87uWLgo-Kx5Tb346N_fPknpiau9Si4O7t4u-NhIrVj4aMlYjH28PEhtfbg8fLipOOndUAAAAAZf62OA%3D%3D%24&vid=0&cid=4&uid=384854&q=

1649588672054.png

Had a shop fix my ac. Said the expansion valve was getting stuck and that’s why I was losing ac whenever I moved. They fixed it, and the ac worked great. For a day. Now it’s back to crap. Checked under the hood and found this mess they left. Looks like they ripped the boot, snapped that metal piece (and covered it up in go-on-wet gasket sealer), and maybe broke something else considering the 2 pipes are now zip tied together.

My question, can anyone help me with part numbers to all the parts pictured that are broken. That black metal piece that the piping is going into, the boots and the pipes themselves?

Want to bring a receipt of all those parts into the shop and make them refund me for this. Crazy.

View attachment 2976677
Great. Now I’ve got water dumping from under the passenger glove box onto the floor. What did this shop do!

Great. Now I’ve got water dumping from under the passenger glove box onto the floor. What did this shop do!

In order to replace the TXV the entire Evaporator must be removed. It (the evaporator) is in a plastic housing. That housing has a seal in the bottom to prevent condensation from leaking out the bottom and instead go OUT the drain hose near the bottom of your firewall.

I have no idea why they put the black silicone where they did, except they probably tore the seal there. As for water leaking on the passenger side floor. They didn't install the seal there correctly (if at all) and/or didn't connect your drain hose.

Shoddy work all around. IF your A/C is right back where it was (not working correctly) then they didn't know what the hell they were doing in the first place.

Last edited:
In order to replace the TXV the entire Evaporator must be removed. It (the evaporator) is in a plastic housing. That housing has a seal in the bottom to prevent condensation from leaking out the bottom and instead go OUT the drain hose near the bottom of your firewall.

I have no idea why they put the black silicone where they did, except they probably tore the seal there. As for water leaking on the passenger side floor. They didn't install the seal there correctly (if at all) and/or didn't connect your drain hose.

Shoddy work all around. IF your A/C is right back where it was (not working correctly) then they didn't know what the hell they were doing in the first place.
Great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom