AC panel lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, have a question about the climate panel lights. I did search but nothing on the specific problem that I have. I had bulbs that were burnt out for the backlight of the climate panel. I ordered new ones from mouser and replaced them. I was hoping once I did this it would solve my other problem but unfortunately it didn't. The green indicator lights are dimmer than I think they should be. None of them are burnt out, but just really dim. In daylight you can't even tell what buttons you have pressed. When it starts getting dark outside or on a cloudy day you can see them ok. When you turn the lights on they get even dimmer, almost to the point of blending in with the backlight. Like I said, I was hoping that when I replaced the backlight bulbs that would address this problem as well but no such luck. I'm assuming they're led's of some sort. I just think it's weird that they all seem to be dim but none of them are burnt out. Anyone experienced this? If so what did you do?

Thanks

It’s fairly cloudy and overcast so you can still see them. If there’s even a little bit of sun there’s no hope.

9C0DB42F-4998-4D42-8925-949789475F7B.jpeg

9875D9AE-E31C-4C9A-AFC1-005567BB3420.jpeg

Is it normal to not be able to see what you’re selecting? I’ve actually been in other land cruisers and they were brighter. In normal daylight situations you literally can’t see what you’re doing.

I have the same issue with mine. Through the hours of searching it looks like these led’s can be replaced, but you will need to do some very talented soldering to pull it off.

Same issue with mine, always has been. Unless its dark....you absolutely can not tell they are on.

Let us know if you find a solution.

I had a similar situation. I actually went through and replaced every single plastic button. The indicator view window plastic yellows with age...and actually makes it harder to see the light. Mine came back to life after I got them all swapped out.

The process is easy once you have the hvac controller out and taken apart. I think I paid $65 for all the buttons from the state side wholesale dealer of your choice. Buying overseas was less...I just didn't want to wait at the time.

I had read that they were led's, but I'm wondering if each button has a separate led or what exactly the deal is. I think it's weird that they are all dim together and none of them are actually burnt out. It just seems like there's something else that controls the brightness. They start out fairly dim and just get dimmer if you turn the lights on. They all still work though.

I had a similar situation. I actually went through and replaced every single plastic button. The indicator view window plastic yellows with age...and actually makes it harder to see the light. Mine came back to life after I got them all swapped out.

The process is easy once you have the hvac controller out and taken apart. I think I paid $65 for all the buttons from the state side wholesale dealer of your choice. Buying overseas was less...I just didn't want to wait at the time.

This seems like the situation more than likely. I wonder if there's a way to clean the buttons without taking the print off the front.

This seems like the situation more than likely. I wonder if there's a way to clean the buttons without taking the print off the front.

You can try. It's not hard to get it apart. But the buttons weren't too expensive and they look really nice all fresh and new.

I had read that they were led's, but I'm wondering if each button has a separate led or what exactly the deal is. I think it's weird that they are all dim together and none of them are actually burnt out. It just seems like there's something else that controls the brightness. They start out fairly dim and just get dimmer if you turn the lights on. They all still work though.

^^^^

Clock too...on mine.

Here's a picture of my buttons when I was done. I did make a mistake when ordering and didn't get two of the buttons that had the single " • " so you can see the difference of the old VS new easily.

20200914_165928_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom