AC issues 2008 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Threads
Yes in AZ we still use AC in November 😂.

I have 2008 that for 4-5 months has had intermittent rear AC blower not coming on at all. No rhyme or reason when it worked or not. Finally took to dealer last week and they diagnosed it needed a new rear blower/motor, which was replaced.

All was well for a week.

Today the front AC has weirdness happening. It comes on but air does not come out the front vents regardless of what is selected in touchpad. It will come out floor and upper dash.

Any ideas of the collective brain trust? I have a call into the dealer but while we wait???

As an aside, the truck battery also suddenly seems to barley crank enough to start. Assuming it is battery. Could these be related? Doesn't seem so, but hey same onset timing.

It could be battery related.. but if it isn't coming out the front vents regardless and always blowing out the upper dash and floor, sounds like the electric motor that directs air flow gave out. Reason I say it could be battery related is the low/dead battery could have shorted it and it isn't actually broken.

When you try and change air flow direction do you hear a motor trying to close and open flaps?

The driver side blows more air only out the top dash defrost vents, and when you select direction for forward dash vents it blows even harder out the top dash vents (as if you increased the output too)

The passenger side seems to be working ok, but on HI and forward vents, it does not seem to be blowing as hard as I remember, but not sure.

Just to update this thread, a new battery solved the AC issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom