AC idle up issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if they are the same.
It may be the thermister or pressure switch that is the problem.
Where is the THermister located on a 60? apparently the pressure switch in in the box behind the AC amp? if I replace the pressure switch is refrigerant evacuated?

Where is the THermister located on a 60? apparently the pressure switch in in the box behind the AC amp? if I replace the pressure switch is refrigerant evacuated?
Not sure. If you can bear with me for a day I am going to have a go at fixing my a/c idle up gremlins . This thread has peaked my curiosity.
It's about 10 degrees C here . Hopefully my a/c will engage for testing purposes.

Where does this connector go?

8F01D138-CAB2-41F7-AB2A-E34DAAA9D939.jpeg

I think the thermister is inside the evaporator box. The FSM shows you have to disconnect the freon tubing to open it...so you don't want to do that if you don't have to.

regarding your loose connector, please see the attached schematic. The compressor clutch has a single wire connector associated with it.

But I also notice that someone did a splice...was that you or the previous owner. If the PO, who knows what he may have done. If that is not your splice, I would recommend confirming the wiring is correct.

1590013697096.png

Attachments

• Air Conditioning System Circuit.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 70
I think the thermister is inside the evaporator box. The FSM shows you have to disconnect the freon tubing to open it...so you don't want to do that if you don't have to.

regarding your loose connector, please see the attached schematic. The compressor clutch has a single wire connector associated with it.

But I also notice that someone did a splice...was that you or the previous owner. If the PO, who knows what he may have done. If that is not your splice, I would recommend confirming the wiring is correct.

View attachment 2313388
Oh man didn’t notice😡. It’s was not me.
I don’t see where that would plug in.
Should I just wire the VSV to the clutch?

That splice looks like it's on the White w/ blue stripe wire which is usually a ground and almost all these systems on these years Toyota are controlled by ground interrupt switching.

@ landonick, did this just start happening or has it always done this?
If the latter, it might have something to do with the splice in the wiring from the PO.
I don’t remember it not doing it😬. I never notice the idle dropping off because I would just drive I guess. And I thought the idle was low I would pull the choke out a little to get the rpms back up. Probably not the best

That splice looks like it's on the White w/ blue stripe wire which is usually a ground and almost all these systems on these years Toyota are controlled by ground interrupt switching.
I really don’t want to add to that mess. Replace that splice?

Check for continuity with ground on that wire, but check the wiring diagram 2mbb posted to make sure that's what that wire does. A lot of weird problems on these trucks are caused by bad grounds after 35 years of corrosion.

I would examine that splice at the least

One thing you can try is replacing the little electrolytic capacitor on the amp. The one with 60 stamped on the top.
These are often the first things to go and can cause things to behave erratically.

Check for continuity with ground on that wire, but check the wiring diagram 2mbb posted to make sure that's what that wire does. A lot of weird problems on these trucks are caused by bad grounds after 35 years of corrosion.

I would examine that splice at the least
Sounds good

White and blue strip and green and yellow are spliced together? Ohms reading on White and blue was 1.89. And on green and yellow 2.10? From what I gather from the schematic is the white and blue are the ground for the thermistor and the green and yellow to the pressure switch.

a lot of info that I don’t know what to do with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom