AC help - Compressor Troubles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My AC didn't work and then I had it drained and filled it with R-134A. The compressor only ran when the RPM was over 1000, basically when moving, now it doesn't run at all. It quit all of a sudden. It was very noisy when it did run. Do I need a new compressor? Where do you find one? Toyota? Anything cheaper? Help I'm in Florida and it was 101 yesterday.:crybaby:

There could be more than one thing going on here. It's possible that there is a leak in the system, hence it quit the first time. R134 leaks faster than R12, so when you had it charged with R134, it might not last very long, depending on the size of the leak. Also, R12 and R134 use different types of oil, so if they didn't add the correct oil (PAG46) the compressor may have been running dry, hence the noise. There is a knob on the A/C amplifier that adjusts what rpm the compressor will engage. If you click on the banner at the bottom of my post, it will take you to our website, then click on "Land Cruiser Parts" to see MUD prices on compressors, driers, etc.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom