AC doesn’t start when AC button pressed (engine revs too low) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's bolted onto the Evaporator box

Hmm. I have just spent a bit of time hunting around the footwell area, and if my parts diagram reading is correct, I think this was an optional feature that my car does not have based on that empty square in the center? Or am I looking somewhere wrong?

b1.jpg

1687098996721.png

It looks like there are two parts called the "Amplifier Assembly - Cooler Stabilizer". The red one is "No. 1" and it seems like that one I do not have. The blue one is "No. 2" and I do have that one, but I don't think it seems to have an RPM adjustment knob like No.1 would.

1687098882702.png

Last edited:
You definitely have one. You need to remove the glovebox in order to see it
You were right - I found it, it did require glovebox removal, and then it's right there.

I played around with it for a bit, and I'm not sure I see much of a difference, though. The dial was rotated probably 85% of the way towards "L". Do I understand correctly that the meaning of that knob is "what's the RPM that you want the AC to kick in at", rather than "what is the lowest engine RPM with the AC on"? In other words, if you set it to "L", then AC should kick in as low as 800 rpm or so, and if you set it to "H", then you're likely to need 1,000+ rpm to get it to kick in? If so, I think maybe setting it to "L" should help my situation a bit, though I need to go for a drive to really test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom