Ac Diagnostic "00" still no ac; fixed codes 19 and 47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had codes 19 and 47. Called a Lexus dealer and they emailed me documents on them.

47 was the temperature sensor under the steering wheel. My hose was off the sensor and I blasted the component with MAF cleaner. Code resolved easily.

19 was the rear room temperature sensor (in my case). Previous owner had disconnected and lost the rear room temp sensor. Found one on eBay for $20 shipped to my door. resolved the issue. (Lexus dealer wanted $80+ and I had to get it in person). Resolved code 19.

Previously I was getting code "0" and resolved that be establishing a good connection to the compressor (had a broken wire running to the single wore plug power in).

Now I'm getting code "00" - normal. still not AC. Ac light blinks after about 4 seconds every time.

What's my next step in troubleshooting my ac?

99lx470

Thanks all

I measured the low pressure line using a parts store refill bottle with a gauge on the line (think cheap ez cool refill). I had someone in the neighborhood vent pressure to a vacuum because it was measuring something like 60 psi on the low pressure side. At the time I was referencing a thread that recommended a much lower pressure than 60 something on the low pressure side (iirc around 35).

I realize this is an inappropriate mechanic technique but the price was right (free).

The ac blinking light went away for a.little while but had come back often enough that I don't try it on every ride. When the ac light stayed on it was difficult to confirm it was blowing cold air because it would only stay on at highway speed and it was in the teens outside.

When I would come to a stop the engine would rev slightly higher for about 4 seconds the. Return to the normal idle and the ac light would blink.

I did have some good luck using the AUTO button to initiate the ac system (the light seemed more. Likely to light solid if the AUTO function turned the ac on).

There are better threads about AC problems, and I'm happy to help if I can.

I'm currently thinking I may want to add refrigerant in hopes the person on my neighborhood captured too much and now the pressure sensor is indicating low charge. The correct way to solve this would be to be vacuum and recharge with the correct weight of refrigerant. I would.prefer not to spend money so I may just forego the ac system repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom