AC Delco UCAs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joseywales

Renaissance Redneck
Threads
I searched a few different ways, and didn’t find anything on these. AC Delco is offering complete UCAs and they also have the 555 ball joints. Wondering if anyone has used either one? I’m considering buying the complete UCA since it has both bushings as well. The main concern is quality of the arm itself, and does Delco have BJs other than the 555 that they may have used on the complete arm? Thoughts?

UCA:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45D1...er&keywords=99+Land+Cruiser+upper+control+arm

BJ:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KSDZW...U2gfZtOA&creativeASIN=B001KSDZWQ&tag=i0bc2-20

I would doubt the complete arm will have 555 BJ's installed. More then likely a China arm with China BJ's.

You want my account number so you can give me the $180?

Seriously though, I’m fine with the 555 BJs, and if the arm was complete with them I might consider it. But I agree, it’s probably as Yardpig said, lower quality joint at that price.

I went to Brentwood Yardpig, so spent some time in your ‘hood.

I went back and looked again at the pics, and zoomed in on one pic. It definitely looks like a different BJ. I’ll just have to get the press out and curse for an hour I guess...

I went to Brentwood Yardpig, so spent some time in your ‘hood.

Brentwood College? A ton of incredible schooling area's around my neck of the woods. High dollar but high value. You should see the new gym Brentwood is building, about 14 million bucks and counting! WOOWSA Waterfront Bling!

They must be short of cash... They phoned me the other day after no contact for decades! No idea how they got my cel number.

I just bought these upper UCA's and the 555 lower ball joints for my rig. I'll get detail pics of them and share when they come in.
I'm using them as a quick fix, while I replace the joints/bushings in the stock arms.

FYI: A 3rd gen 4runner member got front aftermarket lower control arms and it ripped open at the rivets.

Again, I'm using these as a quick substitute for the factory UCA's while I put new bushings and joints in them. Here is the first one that came in today. They don't look bad, and the ball joint is firm.
IMG_20180531_163506577.jpg
IMG_20180531_163513770.jpg
IMG_20180531_163523261.jpg
IMG_20180531_163540813.jpg
IMG_20180531_163548511.jpg

Aren’t mevotech uca’s the gen 1 spc? Could be a good short term and when they’re shot you could swap the ball joints in a decent arm.

I have my old OEM UCAs if anyone wants to buy them. You would need to replace the ball joints and bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom