AC Delay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unplugging the battery fixed the resetting the 75 thing, still got a delay though. Gonna check things out with techstream tonight.
I'll try that. I'm going to have to look at the recirculation door as well. hopefully they didn't damage it.

Reset the servomotor through techstream twice, still got that delay from it turning on. It's definitely initializing the servomotor each startup (AUTO light is on, turns off, temps reset to 75). Whether or not it saves my previous settings depends on how long it's been sitting seems like. Got 2 codes, B1449 and B1468, which I believe are unrelated (both for rear, I'm pretty sure one of the temp sensors is disconnected, not sure what other code is for exactly).
Possibly the ECU somehow got corrupted/needs to be reflashed?

Tore apart the lower dash to visually confirm that all the servos are functional. Thankfully all of them work, replacing even one would be a giant PITA. I think I've narrowed it down to the AC amplifier. Seems kinda weird that disconnecting the battery would kill it, but here we are. My AC settings save, however it still goes through the initialization. Thoughts?

Bringing this thread back up because it's the best search result i could find. I just started having the delay start and 75 degrees reset issue with my AC.
My recirculation fresh air has always worked. I got the truck with just under 10k miles and i have not changed the cabin filter. It may be clogged. I'll check proper door function and put in a new filter. The delay is super annoying. On the other subject, i despise the nav warning too. I put it in reverse to get out of the garage and can't switch the radio from my wife's music to mine. Very annoying listening to several seconds of commercials.

My truck has ~56k miles on it and I purchased with less than 10k miles. I just changed the filter myself for the first time. Tested and fresh air door functions properly, good. Removed existing filter. It is not OE and is dirty. I had a new OE filter 87139-YZZ20 on hand as it is the same as needed for my LS460. Installed it and will watch AC system delay to see if it goes away and can be attributed to a dirty filter.
I am lucky the door is not broken as the truck was owned by the original dealer, Calvert Toyota of San Antonio, for the first ~4k miles and 18 months. They sold it to the PO who added the lift kit and snorkel and stupid red Fuel wheels. He put about 5k miles on it and traded it in at the Dodge dealer in Boerne TX for a tow vehicle. That's where I found it. Don't know if the Toyota dealer or the Dodge dealer put in the aftermarket filter but doubt it was the poor taste PO. Anyone want some candy ass red fuel wheels? They are taking up room in my shed.

Anyone ever find the cause of the AC delay and the temp defaulting to 75? 2020 LC200 w/ 41k on it just started acting up today. No battery change or filter replacement. Only thing different was it was the hottest day of the year and outside temp was reading 100 degrees .

I have been hoping someone would reply with the cause and cure. In the past few days mine has returned to normal function. Mine lives in a garage when not in use and i wash it myself with the low psi Krazel electric power washer. I was remote starting to cover the delay but now back to normal. I don't like unexplained cures any more than gemlin problems.

Went out last night to see if AC was still acting up checked different settings to see if air was coming out of correct vents. Put it on defrost and all air came out of drivers vents. Shut it off and this morning everything works…no delay, not reset to 75 and defrost works now. I don’t get it. Defrost servo could have been stuck and caused the AC reset….who knows…..

Skyak, you are the man!!! I was having the same problem as you and figured my recirculation door was broken. I was dreading going to the dealership. But armed with your experience, I put my AC into recirc, forced the door open (up) until I heard a loud snap and now everything is working! Door is down for fresh air and up for recirculation. And best of all, there is no delay to off when I start my vehicle. I am so excited! Thanks again!!!!
Agreed! This was an awesome fix for something that’s been driving me bonkers, especially given this insufferable heatwave. Amazing fix @skyak. Thank you!

This recently started happening to me. I actually had this thread opened while ^^^ commented, what are the odds...

When I cold start the car I've opened the access panel to the cabin filter and I can see the door cycling between open and closed - the mechanism operates just fine. However, once the system starts (I have to manually turn on the A/C) it reverts back to the "UP" position (where you can access the filter) regardless if it's in recirculate or not.

This makes me hesitant to mess with the door itself. I'm going to disconnect the battery and see if that helps.

Last edited:
So just an update on this as I solved the problem myself.

Went to inspect and change the cabin filter and noticed it was not "clicked in" all the way. Whoever was in there last just set it in place and did not secure it.

Upon startup, this probably made the system think that there was no filter in there and therefore would disable the recirc feature. Replaced the filter and clipped into place, all is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom