AC Conversion to R134a and Leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After SIGNIFICANT problem solving I found that my conversion to R134a was a smashing success, with one exception. My high pressure side adapter on the compressor (between the compressor and the line) leaks everything out overnight. Is that adapter piece adjustable? Is there a reason that would leak out? Its all coming out the valve, i.e. not leaking around the threads. When I vacuum it down it gets to ~29" and holds overnight (as long as the gauge is connected to it.) But once I disconnect the manifold gauge then it leaks through the valve on the HP side.

What can I do? Any suggestions? Aftermarket compressor and box-store adapters.

it's leaking thru the shrader valve? just replace it, it's similar to the valve in a tire stem
or
is the adaptor piece causing the issue?

it's leaking thru the shrader valve? just replace it, it's similar to the valve in a tire stem
or
is the adaptor piece causing the issue?
Im assuming its leaking through the valve. I dont lose any vacuum when the manifold gauge set is connected, so having that installed is sealing up the leak. When I put freon and dye in the system it leaks down overnight and I find a mess on the inside of the high pressure port cap.

Is the schrader adjustable? Can it be replaced stand-alone or does the whole high pressure port assembly have to be replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom