AC Condenser Replacement questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good brand to go with? I always look for Denso products, and can find a new one for about $160 online.

Additionally, I have the FSM on Replacement but was wondering if anyone had any tips. My plan is to replace it and then have someone else pull a vacuum on it then charge the system.

I looked everywhere for a DENSO, and the place I ordered from said it was out of stock. I paid 350 for an OEM toyota product up in MASS. Let me know if you find the denso for that price. Might have to do it.

Beware aftermarket Denso parts may or may not produce to the same standard as Denso Toyota oem parts. For an example the Denso condenser for 80 series is made is Indonesia, lower quality control by just comparing side by side with original part. Same condition with alternator.

^ Yes, I bought a Denso distributor cap and wires (for my car 4afe) after paying the denso price at the densoaftetmarket site. It was a denso box but the unit was a distributor cap/wires made in Germany. The same cap/wires are sold in autoparts stores for less.

Since this is an AC condenser I do not think it is produced with rocket science so a denso made in any other country should work.

The following is without rear AC. They have free shipping over $150 and use TWPARTZ for additional 3% discount.

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

Anyone know what the deal is with this drier/desiccant that's attached to the condenser? Will this be included with a new condenser? Or can I just remove the original and put it on the new condenser?

Anyone know what the deal is with this drier/desiccant that's attached to the condenser? Will this be included with a new condenser? Or can I just remove the original and put it on the new condenser?

The new OEM condenser comes with the dessicant dryer installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom