AC Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My AC compressor went bad, and I purchased a used denso from Cruiseryard. I just received it and it looks great, no rust, clutch turns smoothly. I cleaned the oil and dirt off of it, and drained the pag46 from it which was less than an ounce.
Do I need to drain my broken ac compressor to see how much I need to put back in the ac system? Or can I just put 7oz of pag46 in the replaced ac compressor after it drains?
I am new to this, so thank you all who respond.

I just add some PAG46 into it right before you seal it up.
Replace the Drier/Accumulator (Rock Auto less than $20).
Have a shop Vacuum and fill to proper level.

@Huis Clos what you need to do is get you a copy of the FSM as you are obviously a DIYer . Its money well spent, or you can download it by searching post by trollhole and factory service manual. As for your compressor it takes 120cc of PAG46 and the drier takes 10cc.
Will do that, thank you again such great help

...via IH8MUD app

My AC compressor went bad, and I purchased a used denso from Cruiseryard. I just received it and it looks great, no rust, clutch turns smoothly. I cleaned the oil and dirt off of it, and drained the pag46 from it which was less than an ounce.
Do I need to drain my broken ac compressor to see how much I need to put back in the ac system? Or can I just put 7oz of pag46 in the replaced ac compressor after it drains?
I am new to this, so thank you all who respond.
You might as well replace your accumulator and expansion valve, and while you're in there, replace all of your o-rings. I just did it a few months ago with the help of a more experienced friend. The labor is more of a pain then the price of the parts, so it only makes sense to replace everything while you're there. Is your compressor a reman, or is it just a used one that was salvaged?

You might as well replace your accumulator and expansion valve, and while you're in there, replace all of your o-rings. I just did it a few months ago with the help of a more experienced friend. The labor is more of a pain then the price of the parts, so it only makes sense to replace everything while you're there. Is your compressor a reman, or is it just a used one that was salvaged?

I replaced everything. The ac compressor is a used denso in immaculate shape, rotates with ease, looks knew. I already vacuumed and charged her up myself and she blows cold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom