AC compressor stopped working after a few big bumps off roading. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all. I've searched (perhaps not hard enough) all around the board and can't find a thread that would help me troubleshoot my problem.
I was going a little too wild in my 92 Land Cruiser and my ac was on and running fine, after a few nice bumps my ac stopped working and compressor does not want to turn on. I looked for any visible hoses or leaks and I can't find a thing. Is there something I should be trying before I take it to an AC shop?

Can you run 12dcv straight to the compressor?
To rule out clutch is not toast....
Might be a
loose/ broken connection/wire...
Check fuse ....?

Manuchao - I'm a novice, I wouldn't know how to do that. Got any tips or a thread on how I could figure out how?

Guppie - The belt is still on

Voodu - Good thinking. I'll try to get back there and take a look!

If you somehow caused a leak and lost your refrigerant than the pressure switch would cut power to the compressor. Check the pressure switch.

I got it sorted. I did not think that a bump would cause a fuse to blow, but here I am feeling like a ding dong. Popped a new fuse in there and it was blowing cold.
Thank you all for your help!

Fuses don't blow without a cause. Somewhere there is most likely a wire that is shorting to ground when you vehicle was bouncing through the bumps. Replacing the fuse is not solving the root cause of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom