AC Compressor - Sanden, Denso (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dilemma.. this issue is vague and sorry for the long explanation before the issue.

I will start by saying, "when you don't know any better, you don't have a point of reference."

I went on a 3 hour highway drive this past Sunday (one way) and the gauge read it used a little more than a qtr tank. Awesome!! not bad for mileage IMO.
As I was returning home, another 3 hours, it began to rain and I turned on the AC.. I had to stop and refuel from more than half a tank. I have never used my AC that much to know it is a guzzler on these vehicles. It may be age, I don't know.. What I do know is there has to be a better option for gas efficiency.

Here is my dilemma.. Has anyone found a more efficient compressor for the 3FE engine? I have been doing research and Sanden keeps coming up. I need help with this.

Thanks !!

You should not lose more than 1 mpg from A/C use. And all rotary compressors should be about equally efficient. I think you're barking up the wrong tree for fuel economy by considering swapping A/C compressors. Most folks here are just happy if the A/C works at all.

Also, you really need to do a scientific fuel mileage test, not relying on the gauge to tell you anything, but more like total miles divided by gallons added to the tank. Rain will lower your fuel mileage, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom