AC Compressor Bearing worn - part number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NSP

Threads
Hello my 2010 LC has a noisy Ac compressor bearing. Sounds fine when is not engaged. Does anyone out there know of a part number of just the bearing? Any Japanese bearing part number would be awesome! I have been searching the OEM parts catalogs and also eBay to no avail.
Thanks, NSP

Hey Guys, I ordered this one through ebay, hopefully it works …
Item specifics

Condition: New Manufacturer Part Number: BGND
Warranty: 90 Day Brand: NSK
MPN: BGND UPC: 609408727696

Curious to see how it goes for you mine is starting to make some noise as well and there is no good way to get some 3 in 1 oil on it to try to quiet it down. Maybe a good fall weather project :cheers: for doing the research

Hello , all set, had an independent shop install the bearing ($150 labor). Ac compressor is quiet again!!

Hello , all set, had an independent shop install the bearing ($150 labor). Ac compressor is quiet again!!
That's great. I was under the impression that normally you would replace the entire ac compressor unit. Is the 200 series ac compressor that much more expensive than other models?

Not sure, the mechanic said he often replaces the bearings only.

Can anyone elaborate on this job? I'm starting to get a very slight intermittent squeal and 99.9% sure its the A/C bearing, i.e it only occurs when the A/C is on and everything else upfront has 25k miles on them. The part number the OP provided is for an $8 bearing. The only part I see from the usual Toyota part website I purchase from only gives me the entire 'Clutch & Pulley' assembly for $126, which is still cheap IMO, but if you can just change the bearing, I am ok with that as well. In my case, I believe I'm still in the early stage of failure as you can barely hear the squeal while moving or stopped, not at all if the radio is on. I have not consulted the FSM at this point. Any guidance is appreciated, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom