AC button blinking FOUND SOLUTION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Land Between the Lakes, Beautiful Western Kentucky
My AC button started blinking on my 2002 LX 470, and when it started blinking, my compressor would shut off immediately! 🥵♨️🌶️

Upon start up the compressor would come on momentarily and then go off in about 5 seconds, the same moment the AC light would start blinking (my LX has Navigation Screen), thus the AC button is virtual.

HERES WHAT I KNOW ABOUT MY LX:

1. I checked the refrigerant charge and it was full, so no leaks.👍

2. My Shop scanned the vehicle and the AC said "NO COMMUNICATION."👍

3. I searched this forum with the keywords (AC blinking).
- Found the following advice, summarized below:👍

A. Unplug compressor connector (at top front of compressor) its a 3 prong plug. Clean and reconnect.:D

B. Check ground on fender well.
C. Check for corroded battery cables and clean.
D. Low voltage on battery.:D
E. Low functioning alternator.

I cleaned (with OBD spray cleaner) and reconnected the wiring harness (step A above). AT THE SAME TIME I put the battery on the charger.

While the battery was still on the charger (small boost charge, not trickle charge) AND with compressor harness reconnected, I started the LX470 and the compressor light no longer blinked but stayed on and AC is working fine after only performing steps A and D above. Haven't driven it yet without the boost on the battery, so it still could be the battery OR alternator is not producing enough voltage, and the Battery is dated January 2018 so it could have been the problem. OR MAYBE JUST CLEANING THE COMPRESSOR WIRING CONNECTOR WAS THE ONLY PROBLEM. Because I performed both repairs at once I currently don't know which of these solved my problem yet. 😹🤠

If the problem returns once battery charger is not present, I will have the alternator and battery tested, but with the battery being over 4 years old I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new one before winter comes anyway.

I will try and follow up on this post / add to this post once I know which procedure solved the problem.

Thank you for everyone's input on this problem over the many threads that I read here on Ih8mud!

RECRUISER

I had my alternator and battery tested at my local Advance Auto Parts store and they both tested fine, so that means that cleaning the wiring connector on the front of the compressor solved the problem. 👍

Happy trails and hope this helps someone down the road! Thats what this forum is so good at, thanks everyone!! :D

This saved countless hundreds and hundreds of needless dollars being wasted at the local shop as they would have thrown money at replacing the compressor, the condenser, limit switch, wiring harness, fuse panels etc.
Thankful to this forum for all the help!

RECRUISER

Last edited:
I had my alternator and battery tested at my local Advance Auto Parts store and they both tested fine, so that means that cleaning the wiring connector on the front of the compressor solved the problem. 👍

Happy trails and hope this helps someone down the road! Thats what this forum is so good at, thanks everyone!! :D

This saved countless hundreds and hundreds of needless dollars being wasted at the local shop as they would have thrown money at replacing the compressor, the condenser, limit switch, wiring harness, fuse panels etc.
Thankful to this forum for all the help!

RECRUISER
Any issues since? This has started on mine.

It is going on a year and I have never had another single problem with my AC! It is still blowing cold every day. It was simply that the car could not communicate with the compressor, because the wiring harness was dirty.

It is going on a year and I have never had another single problem with my AC! It is still blowing cold every day. It was simply that the car could not communicate with the compressor, because the wiring harness was dirty.
Well, didn't work for me. I have another 100 and swapped the relays and cleaned all the connections and it still doesn't work. I think my High Pressure switch is malfunctioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom