AC Blower Very Weak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks like the proper connector, but it's been years since I looked at one ...

And FWIW, I used a VDO motor as a replacement and it's been great for 10 years or so.... Blows fine. I think they were a reboxed Siemens at the time.
I just double checked mine, and it's labeled "Unimotor"; says made in Canada. Frankly I'm surprised because its quality has been aboot on par with the Chinese made parts I've ended up with in the past.

@ToyotaMatt yep that's the right connector. I actually need a male connector (with the female spade terminals) to make a test harness for when I build a test bed for these. Got any extras? 😁

I just double checked mine, and it's labeled "Unimotor"; says made in Canada. Frankly I'm surprised because its quality has been aboot on par with the Chinese made parts I've ended up with in the past.

@ToyotaMatt yep that's the right connector. I actually need a male connector (with the female spade terminals) to make a test harness for when I build a test bed for these. Got any extras? 😁

you know i always have your back dan ........... :)

i can bang one out right now for you and gave it in tomorrows mail inbound

how long of a Bench test pigtail we talking ?

don't be shy

i now buy all my 16 gauge tracer strips wire on 500 foot rolls .........

89604FCE-2391-41C4-AE03-46615875B987.jpeg
B16A1C77-55CD-465B-944B-CF2280730666.jpeg

Last edited:
you know i always have your back dan ........... :)

i can bang one out right now for you and gave it in tomorrows mail inbound

how long of a Bench test pigtail we talking ?

don't be shy

i now buy all my 16 gauge tracer strips wire on 500 foot rolls .........

View attachment 2351897View attachment 2351898View attachment 2351898
Just need a connector and the female spade terminals. I got some good silicon insulated wire I can crimp and solder into place that will be connected to my power supply once I get it and have it set up.

Just need a connector and the female spade terminals. I got some good silicon insulated wire I can crimp and solder into place that will be connected to my power supply once I get it and have it set up.

how long is this test sub harness need to be ?

how long is this test sub harness need to be ?
Don't even need wires on it. Just the connector and terminals. I got good wires I'll be using to build a straight connection to my power supply.

got it

then i will simply put 1 female same in kind locking latching housing , matching UV rated black of course

and 3 female terminals

extra one for well practice

you need to get warmed up a bit

Last edited:
Thx to all here! Installed the new blower today (easy 10 minute job) and it makes a huge difference! Special thx to @ToyotaMatt for hooking me up with a new male connector!

@Spook50 PM me and I will send you the old blower motor to pay it forward!

Glad to hear it worked out. I just picked up one myself from the local O'reillys and sure enough, it's a VDO blower. Blows a bit more than the one I just replaced, but is also much quieter so that's a big plus. What's interesting is it has the same "UNIMOTOR" decal as the other one, but has a VDO decal as well, whereas the old motor doesn't. Housings look identical though, but the bushings on the new one are a much brighter bronze color. Pretty sure the one I just replaced is a "Four Seasons" motor. Makes me wonder if they're made in the same factory, but maybe to different quality control specs?

Glad to hear it worked out. I just picked up one myself from the local O'reillys and sure enough, it's a VDO blower. Blows a bit more than the one I just replaced, but is also much quieter so that's a big plus. What's interesting is it has the same "UNIMOTOR" decal as the other one, but has a VDO decal as well, whereas the old motor doesn't. Housings look identical though, but the bushings on the new one are a much brighter bronze color. Pretty sure the one I just replaced is a "Four Seasons" motor. Makes me wonder if they're made in the same factory, but maybe to different quality control specs?

All made in the same place (Can), or were. Prolly did a run of hundreds of thousands of units as that motor with variations on the mountings were used in many models of Toyota of that vintage... I've never been able to find a Japanese made replacement, but I'm sure there out there in the Asian, SE Asian markets.

All made in the same place (Can), or were. Prolly did a run of hundreds of thousands of units as that motor with variations on the mountings were used in many models of Toyota of that vintage... I've never been able to find a Japanese made replacement, but I'm sure there out there in the Asian, SE Asian markets.
I suspect that's the case too. Not sure if those are manufactured anymore, but I do remember at some point ending up with one that did say "made in China" that was absolute garbage. Had thought it was the one I just changed out but turns out I was mistaken there. Would be great to find a good quality Japanese built replacement if they're out there. Meantime I'll work on getting things set up to finalize my voltage regulator project and then move on to my blower motor resto/upgrade project. My goal is to end up with a long lasting restoration of OE blowers that will move more air without a big increase in sound or current draw. If I can come up with a design that'll do that and last 5+ years for between $100-$150 per unit I'd be happy.

Hello
Thx to all here! Installed the new blower today (easy 10 minute job) and it makes a huge difference! Special thx to @ToyotaMatt for hooking me up with a new male connector!

Hello NYIronPig, I have a feeling I'll be replacing my blower on my 60 in the extreme immediate future. Could you forward the Part number for your blower and the connectors you used?

Thanks in advance for the help!

best
-Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom