AC Blower motor connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was having some intermittent issues with the blower - looks like I found the culprit. This connection has gotten HOT, I assume from having a bad contact and high current. Anyone know a part number for a replacement? '88 FJ62. I could wing it with individual connectors but that seems like asking for them to contact and short.
TIA,
Sammy
IMG_4401.JPG

The contacts on the motor are fried too. Just replacing that plug won’t completely eliminate the heating problem.

The blower motor is super simple to remove. Pull it out and examine the 12V contacts. See if you can clean them up. Consider buying a new blower motor.

The contacts on the motor are fried too. Just replacing that plug won’t completely eliminate the heating problem.

The blower motor is super simple to remove. Pull it out and examine the 12V contacts. See if you can clean them up. Consider buying a new blower motor.
Yes, I pulled the blower and the contact blades on it look considerably better. I was able to get in with a little file and clean them up as well. As a bonus I got the leaves out of the cage fan!

IMG_4403.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: OSS
There are online companies that sell that plug and the non insulated female terminals that snap into it. You'd need a non insulated double crimp tool like pressmaster and some practice. Check with @ToyotaMatt. I think he could easily make you a short wiring adapter with the plug. But you'll still need to know how to splice/solder the wiring into the existing harness.

Ok, thanks. I also emailed Cruiser Parts. I have a friend with a "weatherpack" type crimper that I have used before, would that work for this? No problem tying back into the wiring harness if I have to get a set of pigtails.

Ok, thanks. I also emailed Cruiser Parts. I have a friend with a "weatherpack" type crimper that I have used before, would that work for this? No problem tying back into the wiring harness if I have to get a set of pigtails.

PM me

ill help you out no problem :cool:

7CEEB9B1-0FC1-4BB5-BF74-D0F6358F16FC.jpeg

F2B25B31-5C96-4558-B351-DF7E602D4FB8.jpeg

C1EC88D4-D7B9-457C-B972-7CB8B8A1B904.jpg

download - Copy.jpg

Hey thats cool that the original plug is available now. Mine burnt up exactly like the OP a few years ago... I just cut off the plastic surround on the spade terminals on the motor so I could use 2 insulated spade terminal ends in place. Took about 5 minutes.

But yeah, you'll probably want to replace your motor brushes. I found some at Ace Hardware for about $3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom