AC Blower does not operate (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those top and bottom screws hold that metal shield in. Looks like you are missing a screw, I wonder if your shield is loose inside the housing? I think getting a thin piece of plastic and making a mounting adapter is your best bet at this point… beside ripping the HVAC system out. o_O

Those top and bottom screws hold that metal shield in. Looks like you are missing a screw, I wonder if your shield is loose inside the housing? I think getting a thin piece of plastic and making a mounting adapter is your best bet at this point… beside ripping the HVAC system out. o_O
Yeah, I need something that will fit in that slot but that the outside part is slightly smaller so this thing won’t move and so it will create a full seal. When I took the old resistor out, I did hear something fall back there. Makes sense now. But no, I’d like to avoid removing the entire HVAC system. Now for the custom piece or back to the super glue and duct tape plan.

so for whats is worth. i fixed the blower motor for like $6 with the replacement carbon brushes. really wasn't that big a deal. search amazon for

Electric Carbon Brushes19mm x 7mm x 6mm.​

I too am working thru an AC issue and just about have it figured out.....
IMG-1529.jpg

I moved the lever between fresh air and recirculating a few times and all of a sudden the blower kicked back on.
you said this in the original post^^^^

and now your saying this: "No settings work on the vent and slamming it left or right does nothing either."

So I'm not sure but the first comment makes me think an intermittent issue (maybe at the fan switch which is in the same bracket)

I wonder if the metal mounting plate for your resistor has fallen down behind the plastic housing? Maybe an earth magnet could pull it back up?

you said this in the original post^^^^

and now your saying this: "No settings work on the vent and slamming it left or right does nothing either."

So I'm not sure but the first comment makes me think an intermittent issue (maybe at the fan switch which is in the same bracket)

I wonder if the metal mounting plate for your resistor has fallen down behind the plastic housing? Maybe an earth magnet could pull it back up?
Magnet would probably work but I think I’m just gonna leave it in there and retro fit my new resistor in there with a custom metal heat shield. It’s about time for me to start working on the old gal, so I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom